PDA

View Full Version : I Confess!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SiZzLE
Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:02
Here is where I tell all about the not so smart things I do while LCing...

1. I live on Vienna Sausages. Lite, Chicken, Regular, as long as its in a little can and it is convienient. I also eat those cans of chicken/ham/turkey-like meat product. I am not sure if there is really any meat in them, but they say there is, and the carbs are reasonable and don't send me spinning out of control. People at work think I am insane for eating those things, and I have taken to only eating them around certain ppl b/c I know it grosses them out. I have to entertain myself, don't I? ;)

2. i eat a lot of eggs. Usually hard boiled. I think my husband might disown me soon if I don't get the gastrointestinal distress under control. I think I am going to try some Beano.

3. I really like to drink Jose Cuervo. I know some say alcohol is bad on the LC WOE, but I haven't had any problems with it sending me out of Ketosis...yet. The only problem I have is of course I want to munch on everything in sight when I have a buzz. So far I have been good, and keep my ever present cans of vienna sausages at the ready in case of an emergency.

4. I am addicted to those silly little keto-stix things. Its like I can't go pee without taking one out and making a check of it. If there isn't a slight hint of pink there, I get depressed. A slight hint makes me feel better. I still am not sure exactly how pink those little stix should be, but I feel if I get a trace/small reading, thats ok. Anything is better than TAN!!

5. I love coffee. With equal. And that foo-foo creamer that has like 1,000,000 gm of carbs in one drop of it, like super mocha toffee praline choco crunch flavor. I am so weak. But I only have a little eveyday, and it doesn't affect my ketosos too much, and if it seems to be, I just take a little 3 mile walk and burn it off.

OK, thats about it for now...I am sure I will have more confessions to make this week. I feel great, how about you? ;)

Have a Shiny Day :)

csfdavis
Wed, Mar-20-02, 12:40
I don't think numbers 1,2, and 4 are necessarily bad. I do the vienna sausages too, and while they do have salt and nitrates, they are very low in carbs and are good for a snack if you need one. Eggs are supposed to be very good for you according to Dr. Atkins. I usually have at least 3 every day. I also use the ketostix compulsively, but they do make me feel a little better. Just don't get too hung up on them.