PDA

View Full Version : brand new and have questions!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rebekahj
Wed, Jun-11-08, 14:19
Hi everyone!

I've recently realized what my chronic bloating chronic acne ridges in my thumb nails (since the 5th grade) which have gotten progressively worse (am 33 now). Mood swings that were never alleviated. Are! Its candida. I am now on a no carb no sugar no alcohol
=( lifestyle. This is hard (obviously) for me because the last 12 years I've been a very very heavy drinker. It seemed that if I didn't down a 6 pack I couldn't sleep. I tried AA several times and never could work it. I feel a little excited to know why now with the sugar cravings. It makes a world of difference to me to not feel deprived but to know I decide to starve the yeast. I love black beans and don't know if that is too starchy for a newbie to eat in this phase. Also what does caffeine do to affect my condition? And does anyone know a suitable coffee substitute that is ok?

Also I have oregeno oil that I've tried holding under my tongue but its so strong it feels like my heads on fire! Do I mix it with something?

I'm also curious of your thoughts on cottage cheese. Ice surfed around the web and gotten mixed reviews.

I would sincerely appreciate anyones opinions in this matter. Thanks again!

Kisal
Wed, Jun-11-08, 15:41
Welcome! Sorry I can't answer any of the questions you have asked. I've never heard of the plan you listed. Someone else may pop in here soon, though, who does have answers for you! :wave:

rebekahj
Wed, Jun-11-08, 16:30
Thank you!