PDA

View Full Version : atkins anyone?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

taterlover
Wed, Jun-11-08, 13:04
So, this is my first day and I have to say I'm nervous. Also, i have never ever been on any type of forum or blogged or any of this sort of thing. I'm not what you might call computer saavy so, it's all a bit overwhelming. However, i'm sure in time I will get the hang. This is a huge deal for me seeing as how I have been a big girl for a while now and am tired of being the fat one in the crowd. I think it's especially hard because until I hit my 20's I was very fit and all my friends and family are of course STILL gorgous. Anyway, I know that we all are on here because we pretty much feel the same way, and we all have our own stories. I look forward to progressing with you all, and I wish you all luck as I know you will me :)

erinleigh
Wed, Jun-11-08, 13:08
Welcome!

I am excited to see where this journey takes you!!!!!!

You've found a great place!!!!!

E

taterlover
Wed, Jun-11-08, 13:25
Thanks for the welcome erin. I just wish I could figure this forum out.

Kisal
Wed, Jun-11-08, 15:36
Welcome! It's nice to have you here! Just go exploring on the forum, until you feel at home here. You may want to start a journal, too. The instructions are on a "Sticky" at the top of this forum where you made this post. Having a journal is a great way to meet other members and make new friends. :wave:

steph0203
Wed, Jun-11-08, 19:50
Hello and Welcome. Our beginning stats are really similar. I've been at this since January and am 36 lbs down and feel better than I have ever felt. Good luck on your journey.

little red
Wed, Jun-11-08, 20:08
Welcome! :wave:

You will get used to the forums, but only if you cruise around, read, and post. It is more of a learn-as-you-go / hands-on thing and not so much read-the-user-manual kind of experience.

STORMY1944
Wed, Jun-11-08, 20:32
:wave: Welcome your at the right place for help and support just do a lot of reading and feel free to join in .

PearlWhite
Wed, Jun-11-08, 20:37
Welcome to the forum :wave:

Just point & click a lot :) and you will get the hang of this :thup:

tmatrocks
Wed, Jun-11-08, 21:55
Welcome and good luck!

This is a great place to learn and share - enjoy!

ladylaughs
Thu, Jun-12-08, 17:37
Welcome, and good luck with the forums and the weight loss...

dlynnRN
Thu, Jun-12-08, 18:51
Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

steffy1070
Fri, Jun-13-08, 12:52
Hi to all fellow Atkins groupies. Three years ago, I lost 50 pounds on Atkins and have kept it off. Unfortunately, I was not yet at goal, so here I go again. I would like to finally be done with my weight loss battle. I looked at some of the tips provided and think journaling may be the best way for me to be more successful. I am an emotional eater, eating mostly when I am stressed (which seems like everyday). I am looking to this forum to keep motivated and hopefully to motivate others.
Take care,
Steph
:wave:

Cerridwen
Fri, Jun-13-08, 13:00
Welcome taterlover - I started where you are now on Feb 26. I am now down 39lbs. We're headed for the same place.
You can do this and you've found a terrific, supportive group of people.
Steffy - Welcome to you too! I am an emotional eater too, but I have control when I am on Atkins.
Best of luck to both of you,
Cerridwen