PDA

View Full Version : new man on board

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

joe t.
Sun, Jun-08-08, 09:02
I think this may be the kind of site that I have been looking for. I was a successful Adkins dieter several years ago, but did not do a good job in the maintenance dept. Gained it back plus some. Gonna try again. I have been dieting or low carbing for about 5 weeks. It's going pretty good, but I seem to have stalled after losing 12 pounds. It's still coming off slowly.

pengu1
Sun, Jun-08-08, 09:17
Five weeks and 12 pounds sounds pretty good. Just keep going with it.

Myself, I am starting maintenance and hopefully I can keep going like I am. Last night I had a craving for pizza and thought to myself, "just this one time". But, instead of a large thick crust, it was a medium thin crust with extra cheese and pepperoni and we ordered a huge tub of ranch dressing. We didn't even finish the entire thing.

Today though, it's back to the old grindstone of healthy eating. We already have dinner planned out and it's all Atkins friendly.

:)

Kisal
Sun, Jun-08-08, 15:01
Welcome aboard! :)

PearlWhite
Sun, Jun-08-08, 20:18
Hey :wave: & welcome :)

Good luck!

Sandollar
Sun, Jun-08-08, 20:29
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/2.gif
Welcome to the forums!

Rhivon
Sun, Jun-08-08, 20:47
Hey Joe. Welcome. I'm new here also but everyone has been fair to me.
I'm not surprised that you failed a bit on Maintenance...
Maintenance is little strict for me since I don't like vegetables. And I'm a bread/pasta/potato eater! Or used to be...

I figure I'll do Atkins for the ketosis benefit until I'm down to my slim weight, then maybe switch diets to something that I can stay on for lifetime. Either way, the goal is not just to lose weight... but to keep it off! Keep that in mind and good luck!