PDA

View Full Version : once again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

heaterhose
Sat, Jun-07-08, 20:48
I have been struggling with my pregnancy weight loss for 3 yrs now. I immediately did atkins after the baby, well 2 or 3 months after the baby. It did not work at all. I waited until I was done breastfeeding, again no response. I tried one more time about 4 mos after stopping breastfeeding. I was thinking possibly it was hormones or pregnancy related changes in my body. I gave up, I lost 30lbs of the 60 doing lo cal. I then got pregnant and gained back the 30. I did a very popular lo cal diet and lost 30. It was a very sensible yet BOREING and restrictive diet. I could not bare it any longer. After I went off I gained back 10 lbs over a 6 months period. I tried again and could not stick to it. This is when I decided to give atkins a go again. I am not new to atkins as I was doing atkins when I got pregnant actually. I started atkins for the the first time in 2002 and was very successful. I loved it! I figured I was going to be an atkins for life person. Then I had trouble with skin rashes and stopped and started the diet, but mostly stuck to it. I defended the diet constantly. I raved about it constantly. It really worked for me and I only stopped when I was pregnant with my first child. I had read not to do atkins while pregnant. My weight skyrocketed. I am not sure if it was bcs i was used to big fattening portions and never gained weight but when i added carbs to the mix I did not reduce my fat protien enough. I dont know... but I am back and it is working Yeah!!! It is definately working slower than the first time around but still working. I have lost 10lbs in about a month and have not had to be hungry.

Kisal
Sat, Jun-07-08, 23:28
Welcome! :wave:

Luzyanna
Mon, Jun-09-08, 21:46
I started atkins for the the first time in 2002 and was very successful. I loved it! I figured I was going to be an atkins for life person. Then I had trouble with skin rashes and stopped and started the diet, but mostly stuck to it.

Skin rashes? I went through something similar that I traced to food allergies. It might be a good idea to keep a food journal or diary of what you eat every day for a while in case that starts again. (My allergy was to eggs & nuts - foods I ate nearly every day.)

And welcome back. :)

heaterhose
Sat, Jun-14-08, 22:31
Thank you for the input.
I have been doing a lot of reading on food allergies and Candida in the last week as I started getting really tired. Right now I am experiencing other symptoms; constant fatigue, poor concentration, sore throat, congestion, eye irritaiton, itchy skin but no rashes. I am bothered as the symptoms started about a month after I started Atkins. The same with the rashes the previous time I did atkins. I am not eating any new foods but am eating certain foods more often and in much larger quantities. Some of these foods I have read are common irritants for people. i.e eggs, nuts, dairy. I have really upped the amounts of eggs, dairy, pork and splenda since I started the diet so I am presently taking sugar substitues and anything containg sugar substitues dairy and pork out out of my diet. So far not much success but it has only been 4 days. I wanted to take the eggs out too, but it just does not leave me much to eat. I already feel restriced by no carbs. Anyway, I hope I can single out a particular food because the other option, Candida, seems a lot harder to deal with. I do fit a lot of criteria for Candida as I have been put on antibiotics 5 times in 6 mos.
I am wondering if any others have had similar symptoms since starting the diet or are dealing with Candida. I admit I really overindulged in dairy (cream and cheeses)and pork when I started the diet, going well over the recommended amounts.