PDA

View Full Version : Should i start again with induction?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Claudia_UK
Sun, Mar-17-02, 13:28
Hi there,

I realise I've messed up with my induction by over eating peanuts and sausages which contain rusk.

I just started my period today and have been suffering from crazy PMT and ended up eating some low carb chocolate which i now realise is also not allowed on induction.

Not a great start!!

I think i should probably start again with induction now i know exactly what i should and shouldnt be eating (although my ketostix were pink last week before the unfortunate low carb choc binge)

My question is... should i just go straight back into starting induction tomorrow?

Should i wait untill my period is over and then start?

Or should i eat some carbs over the next few days and then start induction?

Thanks for any advice anyone might have

Claudia

fiona
Sun, Mar-17-02, 14:45
Hi Claudia :wave:

Often we learn more once we take the first step. You could do any or all of the options you lay out. What you need to figure out is what the consequences of each option would be and where it is YOU really want to go.

The whole idea of Induction is to break free from the vicious cycle of carb-addiction, insulin instability etc etc. The ONLY way you can do it - no one said it would be easy - is to give 100% commitment to 20g carbs per day for two weeks.

My advice: what's done is done - don't worry about it. However, don't make it worse by eating carbs now. Get back on track. TOM time is always going to be a bit of a challenge and you will cope with it better and better with practice. When you feel ready it may be necessary to give yourself another full two weeks of induction. The choice is yours at the end of the day.

Take care.

LittleAnne
Tue, Mar-19-02, 03:38
Hi Claudia

As Fiona says, the choice is yours, but if I was you I'd get straight back into induction and carry on. Yes, you slipped off, but now you are commited for the future. Soon you will hopefully not have those carb urges. Make sure you have low carb snacks available for TOM, just in case, and remember to read the labels carefully as there are often carbs in foods where you least expect them.

All the best for a continued weight loss.

Banana
Wed, Mar-20-02, 06:25
Hi there Claudia,

First of all congratulations on choosing LC. I started Lcing beginning of February and I have not regretted it and really intend to make it a WOE for good. What made you choose LC to loose weight?

I must admit I cheated on Induction, I didn't know at the time I was not allowed to drink alcohol, and we went away on hols for a week and I had quite a few glasses (oops maybe a couple of bottles of the course of the week!) and still lost 8lbs over the two weeks. I even had pistachios cause they said low carb on the packet. But I think I had come from eating quite a lot of choc and biscuits as the kids had had birthday parties etc prior so maybe it was a real jump for my body so I still lost.

But now I really don't want to go back to eating the high carb stuff anymore, no way, nada!! and even alcohol has lost it's attraction, and that only happened before during pregnancy!!

Just keep going and don't loose heart, nothing is irreversible and as already mentioned don't be tempted to go back to eating any high carb stuff, 'cause it will just start the craving off again. I think Induction is meant to kick that craving and it does work after a few days so persevere it will become easier very soon, you'll be surprised at yourself.

Take care
Banana :)

Claudia_UK
Wed, Mar-20-02, 06:57
I'm really lucky in the sense that i'm not a big fan of alchohol, and i've never drunk tea or coffee...so that side of things is easy for me atkins wise!

Since my last post i've stuck to the induction and my ketostix were pink this morning!

Hard to tell how much weight i've lost as its my TOM right now... but I feel much better already and can feel clothes are a bit looser.

Banana: i chose this WOE cause i've alwasy been a huge comfort eater...and could happily live off sugar and carbs! After reading the book a couple of years ago it made a lot of sense and i gave it a go and lost 2 stone, so i know this WOE can work for me.

Then after a fairly stressful time about 18 months ago i went back to my old WOE and got back into bad habbits! :(

I decided last month it was time to loose weight and get fit again as i was fed up with feeling bad about the way i look. So i've just joined a scary gym in soho and i'm back to this WOE.

I feel so much more in control of myself eating the LC way and i'm looking forward to continuing this WOE indefinatly

Claudia :)