PDA

View Full Version : Been here a while, time to say Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jes_s
Mon, Jun-02-08, 10:24
Hi Everyone, :wave:

I'm a farm girl from Canada. I’m married with two kids aged 4 and 1 1/2 and I just turned 31. I have been low-carbing since Nov. 2007. I've been reading the forums on this site for a while and recently decided to get more involved and sign up.
I've lost nearly 30 pounds so far, which I am happy about, but I am getting frustrated that the weight is coming off so slowly. I know this WOE is the right choice for me and I have no intention of giving it up. I'm hoping the support here will help me lose the rest of my extra weight more quickly.
I was on Atkins in 2003 until I got pregnant with my daughter. When I was eating low-carb then I lost very quickly, but I was heavier and it was my "golden" first time. Now I'm not following any particular plan very closely, just trying to keep the carbs below 30 grams/day and eating a variety of things. I've checked out Fitday online, but I can't input my menus daily, I just don't have the time and keeping track of every bite I take will drive me crazy. I know that I would probably be losing more weight if I was more diligent in this area, but I guess it’s the price I pay to keep a little sanity. A few weeks ago I decided I'd better commit to exercising more frequently when my doctor told me my blood pressure was a little high. So I’ve been on my elliptical machine 5 days/week and started cycling too. I don’t live anywhere near a gym, so I have to do everything on my own.
Well that’s my story, I’m glad I finally shared. It’s nice to be part of this community.

Jesse

TejanaCJ
Mon, Jun-02-08, 10:42
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like an incredibly busy life you have. I am sure you will find all you need here in terms of support. Glad to meet you.

feelskinny
Mon, Jun-02-08, 10:43
Welcome Jesse! Another Saskatchewanite!

You're doing great!

I'm a fellow slow loser. I do believe however that slow is probably favorable. I've lost weight faster on other plans but repacked just as fast when I went off plan. Not to mention the plans I followed were not lifestyle changes, just quick fixes.

IMO you're in the right place.

All the best!

Kisal
Mon, Jun-02-08, 13:26
Welcome! You're making excellent progress! :cheer: :cheer: I think you're doing fine. :)

The weight comes off more slowly the closer you get to your goal. Whatever you're doing seems to be working well. Just be patient. :)

lizzysmom
Tue, Jun-03-08, 11:36
Welcome Jesse! I'm new too. Good lucK! - I'm sure we are at the right place for support and encouragement.

JulieA
Tue, Jun-03-08, 11:40
Welcome. I am new as well.

It looks like you are off to a great start.

ladylaughs
Tue, Jun-03-08, 15:27
Welcome and I think that I am a slow loser as well, and don't let that get you down. These boards have boosted my moral so much since I started. I am sure I would have given up by now.

Congrats on 30lbs that is so good... :cheer: :cheer:

jes_s
Tue, Jun-03-08, 21:00
Thanks for the warm welcome. Good to see other Canadians too.