PDA

View Full Version : Stalling and need help !!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Chloep
Sat, Mar-16-02, 07:54
hello,

hubby and i started LCing abt 2 mths ago.

i've grown to love this woe, and my hubby is crazee abt it. he gets to eat all the meat, and fat and have lost abt 20lbs so far !

thing is, i've never felt healthier. and happier coz i'm allowed to eat those ribs and chicken wings.

after induction, i've allowed myself a pc of choc a day, but i haven't touch them for weeks !!!!!!
yipppeee.
cravings for sweet drinks and fruits have also diminished.

BUT CRAVING FOR CHEESECAKE HAVE STARTED.

i've learnt to make low sugar cheesecake thats really yummy. and i allow myself 1 small slice aday, abt 8g of carbo each.

despite that, total carbo intake have always stayed below 35g. but i've stopped losing wt for abt 2 weeks now.

am v v puzzled.

reasons i've thot of :

a) calories intake have gone up 20% cos i'm taking in more fat. and my appetite has nt really been deepressed by this woe.

b) am taking more cheese and dairy products. will that stall me ? or is it making my "suspected yeast infection" worse. i notice i've gotten more bloated than i was when i was on innduction.

c) i take a cup of cappucino every 2 days. is the milk stalling me ???

any advice ?

i've been taking multi vits and pottasium and magnesium. so i cant be lacking in supplememnts.

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Mar-16-02, 08:12
There are some wonderfull threads about stalls on this forum.
- sugar can trick some peoples bodies into thinking that they will be burning carbs for energy again and this can stop your body from burning fat.
-milk products can stall some people, maybe more meat products and some low carb vegetables would help instead of so much cheese.
-not drinking enough water can make you stall
-adding some exercise, or stepping up your rountine.
-and sometimes we stall at a weight that we were for a period of time on the way up the scales.
This is just a few quick suggestions, this is truely a learning journey. It must be wonderful to have your best friend on the journey with you. Try the search button at the top of the main page it will help you find more information.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave: