PDA

View Full Version : An Oldbie Re-Newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

califrog
Tue, May-13-08, 12:03
Hi all,

I started my third try on Atkins (over the past 6 years) 8 days ago. I have always lost well and lost big, and then just faded away from healthy eating back to my old habits, gaining much of my weight loss back.

But, I'm back again and hoping very much to make it stick for life this time!

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :wave:

Kisal
Tue, May-13-08, 13:06
Welcome! Nice to meet you! A good way to avoid drifting back to the old hc lifestyle is to arm yourself with information. I recommend "Good Calories, Bad Calories," by Gary Taubes. Why not pick up a copy at your nearest library? :)

PearlWhite
Tue, May-13-08, 13:19
Hi & welcome :wave:

If at first you don't succeed, you know.... Good for you for not giving up :)

chele59
Tue, May-13-08, 20:01
Welcome Back. I too also recommend Gary Taubes: GC/BC. I got it from my local library - (it's not easy reading - but very, very, informative) but recently went to Amazon.com and got a used copy fairly cheap. Lets say $9.00 cheaper than retail. I just LOVE THAT BOOK. It has become my bible for now. Good luck in your endeavors!!