PDA

View Full Version : seeking weight loss buddies

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

majesstic
Fri, May-09-08, 14:52
Hi all,

I'm new to forums, a new member here, but a veteran low carber.

In the past I've lost over 30lbs on low carb diets, unfortunately the weight seems to creep back when I succumb to the powers of sugars and pastas.

I find it exciting to know why my body gains weight so easily, but I still can't seem to stay away from sugar and simple carbs.... they are EVIL.

:help: I need reinforcements!

I'm hoping to meet up with people (of all ages and situations) that may also have an upcoming wedding or short term goal to form a carb free alliance/ support system.

tdhdee
Sun, May-11-08, 18:46
Hi majesstic. I started out in March '07 at 164 and decided that was it. I've had enough. I need to lose. I was out of breath (of course my smoking didn't help that either) and nothing fit! I was tired of trying to find clothes that looked right for work and then one day putting something on and it no longer fit me.

The cream of the crop came on my way to work one day when I was getting a terrible head and upper chest cold. I had a coughing fit and busted the buttons off my pants in the car. I mean, they just shot across the dashboard like it was nobody's business! I can laugh about that now but it wasn't funny then.

I lost weight and did well just following my own type of low carb diet. I took from Atkins but it's not as stringent. I keep under my 20 carbs per day but I eat what I want. It's worked for me.

Over the past summer I started to cheat. I got tired of the same old thing and instead of looking up recipes online like I do now for variety, I slipped into my old habits. I'm a cakeaholic for sure so that was really my downfall. There was always one excuse after another for me. It was somebody's wedding, birthday, cookout, party, you name it. Then came all the holidays.

It wasn't until April that I decided I would again be stringent with my weight loss and start over again. My year wasn't lost. I look at it that yes, I gained pretty much just about all of it back but overall it was a learning experience for me too. I learned how my body reacts to certain foods, how I feel so tired and listless when eating carbs and sugars. I learned that I need to do this to look good for me and nobody else, that this is not a contest but a way of life for me.

Yes, I'm sure I'll cheat in the future but I take just one day at a time now. One day for me.

It's nice to meet you!!

Kisal
Sun, May-11-08, 21:45
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to meet you! :wave:

majesstic
Mon, May-12-08, 12:55
That's right, its never too late to begin...I just keep stalling. The indution phase is the worst. But once you get "into the groove" you just feel so much better about yourself.