PDA

View Full Version : Back again and sticking to it!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shellyf34
Thu, Mar-14-02, 19:55
Hi Everyone,

Well, this is day four and I am in Ketosis and my energy is starting to climb...I am back! :D

In 1998 I was a low carb guru. I stuck to it, I invented new and improved lowcarb alternatives and desserts, AND I was always willing to offer advice and help online. I had gone from 172 pounds to 136 and I was a success story. I loved being a size 8, I loved buying new clothes and, what counted most, I loved me again. I was in control...On top of all that, I graduated college with my bachelors degree (late bloomer) and was ready to start my career in PR and Marketing with the full support of my kids and husband.

Now really, who could ask for anything more? Me, as it turned out. And that "more" for me equaled carbs.

No one prepared me for the transition into the wonderful world of the fast-pace technology PR Pro. Suddenly I was being tempted on all sides by Super Taqueria and other Silicon Valley delicacies. I started thinking, "Well this one time won't hurt." Plus I was taking Kickboxing three times a week and lifitng weights, I could afford to cheat, right?

Well, let me tell you, even though I have never gone back to sugar (never was a big sugar fan anyway), I have been eating pasta, bread (only sour dough or complete protein bread from Trader Joes), and rice when I want, AND I have been steadily gaining since 1999 (all the while working out. I am even a certified kickboxing instructor and personal trainer now). Last week I hit 185...Hello? What the !$*%^*~? is going on? Nothing fits, I look atrocious in a bathing suit and I feel awful. My sons have been poking me, saying sweet things like, "Mommy's got a big 'ol belly!"

So, now I prostrate myself humbly before all of you, asking for forgiveness! ;) I will never doubt the low carb way again!

I am back!

Shelly F.

185/175/135!

LittleAnne
Fri, Mar-15-02, 02:53
Hi Shelly

Welcome to this forum and thanks for sharing your story. So you know it works, so this time stay focussed for life.

Having devised lots of low carb deserts etc this should be a sound way to go with your family. Well done on the kick boxing. I'm sure soon your children will notice the difference.

Rosebud
Fri, Mar-15-02, 05:22
Hi Shelly,
Welcome back to the world of low carbing!
I forgive you! ;)
Wow, you lost 36 lbs last time - you'll do it again, no problem.
Weeeell, might be a bit harder this time than last time, but that doesn't mean you can't or won't do it. You've already made a great start.
Think about starting a journal here, Shelly. You can post there as often as you like and are likely to receive lots of encouragement from other members there. Mind you, with your track record, I think others will be popping in to get ideas from you!
Good luck, matey.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

razzle
Fri, Mar-15-02, 10:43
welcome to the board and welcome back to low-carbing!

I'm glad you posted your story with honesty (and pleasant good humor, too. :) ) We all need to be reminded of how easy it is to return to old habits and weights. When I was slender, I swore (loudly, publically and often) that I'd never be fat again. oops! A return to obesity is just around the corner for all of us--and I truly do appreciate the reminder from your story.