PDA

View Full Version : good morning from south Louisiana

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mugget1957
Wed, Apr-30-08, 08:18
Home of the crawfish, andouille sausage, and seafood.
I've got plenty to choose from for low carbing. I'm ashamed I have been so on and off. Especially when I know I feel better. so today is the day...

my name is Mary...I have 3 beautiful daughters...the oldest to be graduating medical school this May, my middle daughter is an artist in New orleans, and my youngest is a new mother to a beautiful baby girl. I spent all of my time with them while they grew up...not so much hovering as just being available...I'm still in that position but now I can concentrate on ME.

I'm a musician; play piano, violin, guitar, and at one time trumpet. I sing...always have felt that was my strongest instrument.

I'm a needleworker...I love to smock and embroider and make garments etc.

I have relapsing remitting MS. I've been diagnosed since 1989 and I am "still on my feet". I can still walk a good distance without assistance, etc. The biggest change over the years has been the fatigue. I tire out very easily.
Just in two days reacquainting myself with low carb...my energy is growing...I'm so very excited about that. never realized how much the carbs were contributing to the fatigue.

The diet of choice for MSERS is supposedly low fat. But I am not at all assured of the value of that. Especially when I feel so much stronger with low carb.

So my carb addict and Atkins books are dusted off and I don't plan on going "back" to eating by craving. I actually had gotten to a point that food was not satisfying in any way...didn't like making meals etc...mostly because I was always hungry...no more. I already feel a great difference.

I want to go stitch. Congrats to all with their successes to today...I feel pleased and hopeful in regards to food for the first time in a long time. I will eat to LIVE and not Live to eat.

OH HAPPY DAY...
I do love the Lord Jesus too.
:agree:

Moretta
Wed, Apr-30-08, 08:21
:wave: Welcome.

Wishing you much success on your journey.

You have come to a great forum, people are full of information and are always willing to help one another.

Good luck!

Kisal
Wed, Apr-30-08, 12:59
Welcome! It's nice that you're here with us! :wave: