PDA

View Full Version : Atkins of course

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

georgium
Sun, Apr-27-08, 15:06
Hi every one, first one must know English is not my mother tongue, so I will do my best :)
I am a convince "low carb addict" and did not start low carb diet to lose weight, but because I discovered I had a problem with candidiasis, and probably for all my life. I did hear of the candidas related problem for the first time round 1999. In the “Missing diagnosis” an Orian Truss 's best seller, then The "Yeast Connection" a William Crook's best seller too, was my next reading. The two of them advocate for a low carb diet, it was totally new for me. I began by cutting sugar then fruits but kept too much carb, thinking kinoa or legumes for instance were allowed, the following years I was up and down cutting this or that, trying banana as the only fruit, fighting to find a bred replacement without success, wondering which alcool was not too bad. But I went on reading and reading dozen of books as the years were going on. Atkins of course, Montigac, Michale and Mary Dan Eades, some French authors and German ones, till nutrition became a real passion! Almost an obsessive past time. Essential fatty acids, vitamins, anti oxidant, phito nutriment were very familiar to me but I made very little progress compare to my seemingly ever growing knowledge. After all those years I was at least free from bred, pastry, sugar, alcool chocolate, pasta, french fries but it was very hard, I was often hungry, very frustrated and fall off the wagon every now and then. Till I did read a book of a French doctor "the Protal Plan" where Dr Dunkan advocate to eat mainly meat (and fish) but I was convince through all my readings that it was very important not to acidify the body, which meat and protein do. I had also tried juicing in the past but quit for too much carb in fruits mainly. So I built my own plan, I started to eat every kind of meat, fish and eggs. To counteract the acidifying process I started juicing to obtain 3/4 of a quart (700ml) of juice every morning, one apple, two carrots,a piece of ginger and complete with greens like romaine lettuce, salad, spinach, dandelion, any green to obtain the 700ml quantity. And the rest of the day I do not allow me another gram of carb, no fruits at all, nothing sweet, no flour product of course, only protein, of any sort to my heart content, whey protein, tons of meat, ham, eggs, fish. Salads are allowed,and very few raw vegetables like broccoli or zucchini, because when raw, one cannot eat too much (for any vegetable contain at least a little carb), and I decided carb is my worst enemy, so except for the two carrots and one apple in my morning green juice, NO Carb at all the rest of the day. For what result? No more brain fog, nor tingling in the legs after walking, I look ten years younger, I sleep much better I have an incredible resistance compare to my past life, my blood pressure is back like in my twenties 120/80, my cholesterol totally disappear, I go to the gym two hours every single day for eighteen month now . Every single person who have not seen me for long time says the same thing what happened to you, you look so different, no more water retention, it obvious in the face which was almost swollen and is no more, I am not only a low carber I am once and for all a no carber :thup: I do not think every one will obtain the same result with a low (no) carb diet I do not want to convince any body. It is for me and could be for some others.

Kisal
Sun, Apr-27-08, 15:42
Welcome! :)

moggsy
Mon, Apr-28-08, 02:59
Welcome. It's great to hear when someone finds that this way of eating works for them.