PDA

View Full Version : Hello. =)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

EMTChick
Thu, Apr-24-08, 22:30
Goodevening everyone!

Well, this is probably going to be my millionth attempt at doing the low-carb thing. The last few months have been hard with my old job treating me like ultimate crap and forcing me to work Midnights to 8:30's. I honestly was very tired and I hated myself and I hated eating carbs all the time. (Today, I swear I wanted to jump off the 3rd story from my school, but I ran quickly to the bathroom instead. I feel so disgusted with myself for being the weight that I am. NO MORE I SAY!!! NO MORE!!!)

Now that I finally started my job at an ambulance company, I can now start working on me and losing the weight that needs to be lost. =) So, I have decided that tomorrow I will officially start this way of life and stick to it. I know how it works and I know what needs to be done in order for me to stick to it and not get detatched.

About me. I'm 22 years old and I work as an EMT for an ambulance company! I absolutely love my job and I have gained a few muscles here and there for lifting the gurney a million times for the past 2 weeks. ^_^ I just got my first paycheck right now and it feels nice to have money again. Teehee. Anyway, I'm pretty nice and outgoing and I'm very glad to be here. Hopefully I'll make a few friends along the way and maybe get a buddy?

Well nice to meet you all!! We can do this! :wave:

-Bekka

moggsy
Fri, Apr-25-08, 01:30
Welcome. :)

I've always toyed with the idea of being an EMT. It seems like such a great job, and I bet you don't get bored.

Kisal
Fri, Apr-25-08, 01:57
Welcome to the forums! You can succeed at lc. It requires planning and preparation, but you can do that! :)

EMTChick
Fri, Apr-25-08, 08:45
Aww!! Thanks guys!

Being an EMT is a lot of fun, but the only downfall is that they don't pay you enough. Even if you learn all the stuff that you do, you don't get the right amount of money for it, which is why we go crazy and work overtime all the time to make up for it, which is what I'll be doing during the summer.

I'm there for the experience anyway because I eventually want to be a nurse. ^_^

And today is my first day, ahhh! Scary. =P I have school all day so I have to manage with not eating anything until I get home because we don't get a break to actually go get something to eat, unfortunatly. Otherwise, I'd get myself a nice burger with lettuce unstead of the bun. Mmmm, burger. Yummy. =P

-Bekka

onesource
Fri, Apr-25-08, 09:04
Welcome. There's a lot of great information and support here. I would suggest when you have school all day, bring a lunch with some snacks, like rolled up ham and cheese or something, even celery sticks with cream cheese. If you are too hungry you might give into the carb temptation. Believe me, I know.
Best of luck on your journey!
Gianna

oblong
Fri, Apr-25-08, 13:57
Welcome! :)

oblong
Tue, Apr-29-08, 03:57
Hey, how's it all going? x

tdhdee
Tue, Apr-29-08, 19:21
Welcome to the boards and good luck!!

chubbsey1
Wed, Apr-30-08, 13:21
welcome. goodluck.

chele59
Wed, Apr-30-08, 20:34
Welcome - and much luck to you in your endeavors. Remember - YOU CAN DO IT - WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!