PDA

View Full Version : I'm here to save my life

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gem52372
Wed, Apr-23-08, 08:21
Hi my name is Meg...I am a single mom from Virginia. I am on a mission to become a healthy active adult for myself so I can be more comfortable running and playing and taking my daughter places and to be here to watch her grow and become a happy healthy adult. I decided to take this journey again and prepare myself before hand. I did Atkins years ago and it was successful but I wasnt prepared for the aftermath and being pregnant so I gained it all back. This time I did my research and prepared myself for this lifestyle change. I hope that I can help some one else in their battle as well as get support for myself. :help: Stop by and say Hi sometime!!

Meg

onesource
Wed, Apr-23-08, 08:48
Hi Meg. Welcome. You will find a great group of knowledgeable, helpful, inspiring people here.
Best of Luck on your journey.
Gianna

feelskinny
Wed, Apr-23-08, 08:48
Hi Meg!! Welcome! You'll find lots of support and fun here too.
Look forward to your posts and getting to know you!
All the best!
Enid.

kiszes
Wed, Apr-23-08, 09:16
Hey Girl

Welcome and you will be happy to came here. The support and the information you need to go on is here.

steph0203
Wed, Apr-23-08, 10:11
Welcome Gem. This is a great place to be for support. There is nothing like it to get a pep talk or a kick in the pants when you need it. LOL

Good luck in your journey to a healthier you.

DMMB
Wed, Apr-23-08, 10:19
I'm doing it for the same reason gem! Our kids need us more than anything! You can do it!

samika
Wed, Apr-23-08, 10:25
We'll all be here for you as you take your journey! And Im sure youll be an inspiration to people out here! Great Luck to you! :wave:

gem52372
Wed, Apr-23-08, 10:28
Thanx for all the response so fast. I believe this will be a great journey with all of you =)

pennink
Wed, Apr-23-08, 10:30
I DID save my life, literally.

I was given a poor prognosis due to congestive heart failure. Now, a year later, it's gone.

I'm off asthma medicine, cutting back on bp meds, no longer borderline diabetic...

come save your life with us.

DarkFairy
Wed, Apr-23-08, 11:06
Welcome you are in the right place.

Moretta
Wed, Apr-23-08, 11:44
Hi and welcome.

You are going to love it here. There are so many helpful people.

Good luck and post away.

Sarah1972
Wed, Apr-23-08, 12:11
Welcome! Like you, I'm new to this forum, but not new to this way of eating. Jump back on the wagon and let's go! Woo hoo! Yah you!

Sarah

ragdoll
Wed, Apr-23-08, 13:08
Hello Meg from a fellow Virginian. I started this not too long ago myself, maybe we help each other. Congrats on your loss so far, and to many more in the future. Here's to our good health!

Kisal
Wed, Apr-23-08, 13:43
Welcome, Meg! It's nice to meet you! :)

Why not start a journal here? It's a great way to meet people and make new friends. :wave:

tprice31
Wed, Apr-23-08, 15:13
I'm new to the forum also but not to low carb. Like you I did lc before my son. I lost 130lbs 1st go round. Then came baby and steadily gianed most of it back. So I'm feeling your pain!! Everyone will help you along the journey. Just have faith that you can do it and most of all you deserve it!! Good Luck and Welcome!!

BluePants
Wed, Apr-23-08, 16:25
Welcome to the forum and glad that you joined. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/welcome.gif