PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rorysgirl1
Tue, Apr-22-08, 14:03
Hi Y'all. I'm Joyce -- I'm brand new here although I have low carbed before. I used it after both my third and fourth child were born to get back to my normal weight, although that weight had increased somewhat from before my first child was born :o

About two years ago, I found that my weight was suddenly creeping up without any increase in eating habits. i fought it up and down a few times, but finally realized i had a bad problem when i found myself with aching knees and no clothes that fit, up about 30 pounds. plus, the pictures of me on spring break were really not flattering.

I came home, got straight back on the diet (i use the suzanne somers variant because i'm a fruit addict) and have lost about ten pounds in the last 5 weeks.

My worst problem is i don't exercise. I have a hard time leaving my desk to go work out at lunch, and i've got to lick that problem! I'm going to an artist's retreat the first week in May, but my goal is to get back to the YMCA and walk/lift weights/do body pump or pilates three times a week.

So that's about it. I find it easy to lose, but hard to keep it off, and I really want to get past that, as I think I'm going to have to adjust to the whole middle age/menopausal thing, if i want to get back to being healthy.

Luzyanna
Tue, Apr-22-08, 15:23
Hi & welcome to the boards. :wave:

I didn't start working out until I was 39 so it's never too late for someone to start that's for sure. I just keep wondering why I didn't join a gym years ago but then I remember I ate junk food, felt bad & was tired all the time. LOL

Kisal
Tue, Apr-22-08, 15:28
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

slimpikins
Wed, Apr-23-08, 06:39
Hi rorysgirl 1 I hear you. It's hard but this is a great forum and I think we are all for one and one for all. I am sure the support of this forum will help you, me and all the others who have just started out. Keep going girl you have nothing to lose but your overweight related problems and everything to gain. Nice to meet you.