PDA

View Full Version : has anyone read "The Formula' by Joyce Daoust?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

marty
Wed, Mar-13-02, 15:57
just curious to know if others have read it and what they thought of it.I think it's quite "doable".

greenildy
Sun, Mar-24-02, 10:54
Marty,

I picked up the companion book "Maintaining the Formula". AARRRRGHHH - I meant to buy the diet book. From what I read - I agree it looks interesting. :) It looks like the same basic plan as the Zone. Are you following this plan? Are you having success? I am still trying to figure out what will work best for my body.

P.S. I tried a couple of the Zone perfection bars this week - and they were yummy. A perfect treat with my afternoon coffee!

Thanks!

biblionz
Wed, May-15-02, 01:36
Hi

I have just brought "The formula" as I had heard the recipes were quite good. I do find the recipes in the Zone books a bit boring.

The Formula seems a bit more tailored to individuals - some one of my weight would eat more food than in the Zone. They seem to explain the whole 40-30-30 in a much clearer way. The recipes do look great, I will let you know when I've tried some. I also brought "low carb meals in minutes"- which has some great recipes but they do need a bit of tweaking to fit into the Zone.

Niki

grammyof2
Sun, May-19-02, 15:54
Hi! I am new to this way of eating. I am reading all i can on the zone. I have used atkins before, but i always get so tired. I am on my last 10-15 pounds to lose. I hope this is going to be the way to get it off. And it seems to be something i could do for a lifetime. I have the new book by Dr. Sears (The top 100 zone foods) its a ranking system. will be checking this site often, hope to be talking with you all. Grammyof2

Mila
Sun, May-19-02, 17:13
hi Grammyof2!

I am so happy so see other people doing the zone! I love that way of eating, it is so good for energy and for the weight loss! will you start your own journal on this forum? if you won't, feel free to visit mine for a chat and sharing of experiences. I have read the Daousts' book too and I loved the recipes. I will definitely rely on them on maintenance. for weight loss I found their advice to be rather off the point. their total calories are too high for me. I am on the fat flush plan by Gittleman, which is also the zone but much more effective both for weight loss and sense of wellbeing. there is no block calculations involved and all meals are from favorable carbs. since I love unfavorable carbs way too much for me to lose on them, the fat flush helps me stay on track better. anyways, just wanted to welcome you to this forum and to the zone. please keep posting :)

hugs
Mila

smithjls
Mon, May-20-02, 10:16
YES! I bought the book about a year ago when someone had mentioned this new diet, the zone, to me. It sat there,,unread until about 2 mos ago when I decided to take action. I read it front to back and dove into the diet. In 6 weeks I lost 17 pounds. BUT,,,then stood still. Trying to get out of that now. I think I know why I plateaued. First, I did not follow directions and went to the Plan A with the lowest calories when I should have been up one or two. Secondly, I've overtrained. Did the gym thing EACH AND EVERY DAY for 1 1/2 months for 2 hours each day. TOO much I've been told. So,,now I'm taking a day or two off and have upped the calories. All in all, good diet. No complaints.

losinglbs
Sun, Jun-02-02, 20:22
:wave:

I have been using the Formula for almost 3 months! I have now lost 27 lbs. This is the easiest plan I have ever followed. I feel great!

My DH decided to give it a try, too. He's down 25 lbs. It's not easy for him to stick with anything for more than a week, so this has been a "miracle" plan for us!

This is the first time that I have ever found something that I felt I could do long-term. I am no longer tired all the time because I have my blood sugar under control! And I am never hungry (unless I get lax about following the plan....but I jump right back at the next meal and I'm back to normal)

I absolutely LOVE the smoothies...they get me through to the next meal without hunger.

In_Control
Mon, Jul-29-02, 16:26
I'm attempting to do the formula and I'm struggling. I need ideas for menus. I need quick lunches and dinners. Any ideas?

Fumih_81
Mon, Jul-29-02, 21:24
whats the formula about? is there an official website on it? seems interesting....

In_Control
Tue, Jul-30-02, 20:17
I haven't found a website yet. I don't think there is one. There is www.drsears.com (http://www.drsears.com) and www.zoneperfect.com (http://http://www.zoneperfect.com/Site/Content/index.asp). These sites are based on the ZONE, but since both diets are 40-30-30 diets, you can get some good info from those sites.

PCakes110
Tue, Oct-23-07, 17:43
I've tried The Formula. I love it! The recipes are simple and when I get bored with the Fat Flush phase I will throw in Regular meal. This diet works if you follow it and it allows you fruits and veggies...which I simply cannot live without.

I recently tried Atkins thinking it would jumpstart my weight loss (last few stubborn pounds). I was miserable. No energy and the constipation!!! I tried EVERYTHING and drinking enough water was not the issue. One day back on the Formula and I feel amazing.

Give it a shot -- the Cherry Chicken Salad is one of my favorites and for dessert tonight I'll be eating the Chocolate Pudding.

Piano
Sat, Apr-26-08, 12:38
Pros: You lose weight at first. It's very very balanced and good for anyone who has that middle area of weight to lose.
Cons: I found it hard to stick to and trying to figure out if my meals are balanced. Other's love it. It's easier for me to just count carb.s