PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time around

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suelayton
Mon, Apr-14-08, 02:20
I guess I will start with hello :wave:

My name is Sue, I am 32 years old, married with two children.

I have an unconventional job which we can get to later, but for now I want to tell you this is my 3rd time on atkins, the first time was truly amazing, I was 26 and single parent of 2 and started at 180lbs and reached my goal of 140lbs, in a very very short time ( 3 months ) everything was going well, till I met my partner!!! I knew i loved her from the moment we met, but along with that love my love affair with carbs came rushing back!!!

I gained all the weight back within 4 years!!!!

Got back on the wagon, with my partner and lost only 10lbs, mainly cuz I got my period and the weight stopped coming off, within 3 days I was back on with carbs.

Which brings us to tonight, being kept awake cuz the scale hasn't moved in 4 days, looking for answers I found this forum. Trying to stick with it cuz I now it works but so affraid I will give up before the scale flys thru the bathroom window.

MelissaP21
Mon, Apr-14-08, 02:44
Hello and welcome. Its great to have you here. I am new to the forum also. Here looking for support. This is my second time around and I need help keeping myself on track. I hope you find the answers you need here.
Best of luck,
Melissa

moggsy
Mon, Apr-14-08, 02:54
Well, if you're afraid of giving up before you reach goal, and you know it works, don't give up. I know it's easy to say when you're all excited about a new diet and/or when you are experiencing the highs of weight loss. But you have to keep in mind, if you are following a low carb way of eating properly and you don't lose an ounce, you are still probably eating a much healthier diet than before. Plus, the longer I stick with this way of eating, and the less I deviate from it, even in a planned way, the easier it is. Weight loss, I have found, doesn't come in a direct, steady downward slope, but a series of peaks and valleys.

Have you re-read your books?

Well, now that we got that out of the way, welcome to the forum. :wave: I hope that you find it to be of great support. I look forward to reading your posts.

Kisal
Mon, Apr-14-08, 14:24
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have you here! :)

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you reread your Atkins book. It might help inspire you. Then, do a clean Induction, with no cheats. You should prepare yourself mentally for a short plateau, as many have that experience after Induction. It rarely lasts longer than 1 to 3 weeks, but you may find that you are losing inches, even though the number on your scale doesn't change. Either measure yourself when you first start, or else pay close attention to how your clothing fits during the plateaus.

Just stay faithful to your plan, and you will begin to lose again. Come here for support and encouragement to get you through the small plateaus. You will do fine, although you may find that you lose more slowly than when you were younger.

Best wishes to you! :wave: