PDA

View Full Version : Finally Back to Low Carbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TucsonGal
Sat, Apr-12-08, 17:15
Hi, I just restarted Atkins on 4/4/08. I initially began Atkins on 4/8/03 (the very day Dr. Atkins slipped on the ice - totally unrelated to my start - just a weird coincidence) and lost 55 pounds in 5 months. I kept it off until I moved across country to Arizona in 2006, and due to stress (divorce, new bad jobs, etc.) I stopped monitoring my eating. Now I am back to where I was before and am now going to lose it again and stay on maintenance for life once back to 135 (or lower???).
I really don't have any issues with a low carbohydrate eating lifestyle; I just got lazy (and my boyfriend can eat anything and everything and not gain a pound, so there were many temptations in the cupboard). I just wanted to say I love the forums here, and I get a lot of new information from all of you. Thanks so much.

Kisal
Sat, Apr-12-08, 17:36
Welcome! It's nice that you're here! :wave:

chem girl
Sat, Apr-12-08, 20:51
Wow hopefully I learn how to use this forum..lol

MSAWASAKI
Sun, Apr-13-08, 16:19
Hi TucsonGal!

Your story is very similar to mine. I started Atkins about 4 months before my husband and I took a trip to Mexico. I vowed to be able to take lots of pictures that I would actully be proud to hang in our home... so I worked hard and went from 170 to 130 in 4 months. I also took Phentermine. The pills made it easy not to over eat, but it made me crabby and really edgy. I had a great time in Mexico, but my moods were all over the place because of the pills. We returned home, I ditched the pills, and went back to the old eating habits that got me at 170 in the first place. I could kick myself for not taking the maintance portion of the program more seriously. But here I am again, at 165, and I am going to do it right. No pills, just me and the lifestyle. But this time I am Somersizing. It is very similiar to Atkins, but she focuses on food combining and you can have fruit. Her recipes are really good, and easy to make also. My whole family likes them. So far, in 2 weeks, I have lost 7 pounds. I didn't work out in week 1, but I am jogging 2 times a week now and doing a video at least 1 time a week. I want to lose the weight a little slower this time and focus to keep it off.

Anyway, I'm babbling. I'm new to this forum, and I hope to get some support to do this thing right. My biggest obstacle is alcohol. I love a glass or 2 of white wine at night, and I have been missing it. It is the oly thing that I really feel down about by low carbing. I know once I get to my goal weight, I can bring it back a few times a week. But it is the hardest part of this to me, silly as it sounds.

Good luck all!
Thanks for listening.
Melissa