PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

marnale
Fri, Apr-11-08, 14:33
I am new to this site and have been looking around for a few days. I am 38, live in Pa...single parent. I have struggled with weight all my life. I truly feel that low carb as a way of life is the only thing that will work for me. A whole lot of my friends have or will be getting gastric bypass surgery...this is not an option for me and I doubt if it would "solve all of my problems". I know I can do this!
I think I wil set my first goal for 10 pounds and work from there.
I have never been under 170 pounds. That is a size 9 for me. That was 15 years ago! I am in a size 16 now.
I did Kimkins last year and lost alot but, as soon as I tried to eat more than 800 cals. a day I started gaining it all back.
So! This is me and all my fat issues!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Mar

advantagec
Fri, Apr-11-08, 16:21
I think you are on the right track. I toyed with the idea of WLS. After doing a little bit of research I was surprised that so many people do it. Welcome to the board.

murphy5
Fri, Apr-11-08, 16:40
Welcome!!! You are going to love this way of life! Definitely can eat more than 800 calories and lose with low carb programs. You will find so much support here. Good luck on your journey!

marnale
Fri, Apr-11-08, 20:38
Thank you for the welcome!

Kisal
Fri, Apr-11-08, 21:35
Glad to have you here with us, Mar! :wave: