PDA

View Full Version : 35 pounds to lose, age 34, 5ft 5

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chrysa
Sun, Apr-06-08, 14:15
35 pounds to lose, age 34, 5ft 5in. :wave:

well here i go again, but this time i didn't give up once or cheat after 3 days.
i am so proud of my self. i started a program called couch to 5k in 9 weeks and i am in week 3. i have lost almost 6lbs and i am so excited. i have 29 pounds left to go. with the weather getting better , i hope i can be outside more.

i went to a reverse raffle last night and did not cheat once :) . my husband even was shocked when all the desserts were out and i didn't even budge. the best part was i really didn't crave as much as i used to.

when i stepped on the scale this morning and it said 149.2, i almost cried. i have not seen the 140's since i was pregnant with my 3rd child!!!

i'm going to do it this time i know it!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wU9zCi7/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wU9zCi7/)

snowgirl73
Sun, Apr-06-08, 16:11
Welcome! Congratulations on your progress so far, that is awesome! That is great about the resolve to not eat desserts when they are right in front of you. I feel that way, too. You have to really be ready for the change.

There is a lot of good information on this forum & a lot of support. :wave:

Luzyanna
Sun, Apr-06-08, 19:40
That's about the same amount I lost (I'm also 5'5"). I had to up my goal 5 pounds because I started working out and added muscle weight (but I'm creeping below my goal woohoo.)

~*~*~Sending lots of weight loss vibes. :D ~*~*~

Kisal
Sun, Apr-06-08, 22:06
Welcome, Chrysa! It's nice to meet you! :wave:

chrysa
Mon, Apr-07-08, 07:03
thank you all so much for the encouragement :) . i have been lurking around this site for months and have read so many wonderful stories and such great support. i thought i would join in.

i'm going to do it this time. i made it through the weekend with all theses amazing cheats around me and didn't even blink or feel sad once. it was wonderful!!!

Cerridwen
Mon, Apr-07-08, 12:07
Great job Chrysa!
It's a wonderful feeling when you can control what you eat. The top of my fridge is still covered with chocolate from Easter and I have NO desire to eat it. Someone said "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." I love that most of the jeans and pants I wear are getting too big. I love that a pair I bought a month ago that were 2" from closing, I wore on Saturday night (they even fit). It's SO worth it.
Keep up the great work!
Cerridwen

Synne
Tue, Apr-08-08, 04:12
Great progress! Hope to see you around the forums :)

RubyMack
Wed, Apr-09-08, 03:17
Hey Chrysa i am a newbie too and we are the same age and have similar weight loss goals!! Although you are much lighter than me to start with, i am quite muscaular and a little bit taller, 160 ish lbs for me is actually quite slim (puts me in a UK size 12).

I also am trying to get back to my former fitness. Maybe we can encourage each other?!!

Well done on resisting desserts. Always a tough one, sounds like you have it sorted though so just stick with the plan - WE CAN DO THIS!!

kjs130
Wed, Apr-09-08, 18:05
welcome and congrats!!!!