PDA

View Full Version : Hello Night Owls

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lorelei'65
Sat, Apr-05-08, 02:29
Okay, to start. I had successfully taken off 80lbs using LC and kept it off for 2 years before Fate cruelly smacked me down and my husband was diagnosed with end stage prostate cancer at age 40. Lss. He passed away in 2006 making me a double widow at age 40.
I had gone from 215 to 144 but settled in nicely at 160. last year I had a tummy tuck and a breast lift and looked fab all summer. My new BF is a carb junkie but also thin and Italian so eating all the pasta and bread with him I managed to attain a rotund 191 last week.
I also switched to night shift at the hospital and everyone gets fat on nights at a hospital. lots of food!
I know that LC is the only way for me to eat. I can control myself and I feel good so I decided to get back to LC.
so far, 6 lbs of water are gone and I feel really good about my ability to do this again, this time I won't let other people influence my diet.
Glad to be here. ASDLC is so spammed that I can't see the posts for the trash.
I will post some pics when I get a chance

Vivid Lily
Sat, Apr-05-08, 03:51
Wow you've been thru alot. 2 husbands.It sounds like you're on the right path to doing this. You go girl!! You can do it. Lo carbing is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. Personally I follow Raw food diet. I've tried everything & this is what's working. & I feel much healthier. Take care Suzy

lorelei'65
Sat, Apr-05-08, 04:16
Thanks for the encouragment. Only 2 more hours of work to go tonight.

Luzyanna
Sat, Apr-05-08, 09:05
Wow girl....my heart goes out to you. Glad you found this board - it's a wonderful place to find information and encouragement for this WOL (way of life.)

:wave:

Kisal
Sat, Apr-05-08, 13:46
Welcome! I'm glad you found us! May you have the very best of luck on your journey! :wave: