PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning LCL Folks!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tvrdik
Thu, Mar-27-08, 08:47
:wave: I have been reading what alot of you have to say on many topics - very interesting and helpful.

I started Atkins in late January and things were par for the course for the most part; however, I have been in a stall for about a month now - up a pound, down a pound, but nothing more. Here's the situation - I am a 51 year old female; I have been keeping carb grams at 20 or below each day; I have been drinking the right amount of water. I have been exercising at least 15 minutes per day. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get out of this stall?

Have a good one day/one pound at a time - we're all in this together!

ruthla
Thu, Mar-27-08, 08:55
My best advice to you is to be patient. It's your job to feed your body right, and your body's job to let go of the excess fat. You do your job and let your body do its job, at its own pace.

Sometimes our bodies just need to take a breather and get used to the new, smaller size, and get used to the new way of eating/exercising, before being ready to let go of more fat.

lowjax
Thu, Mar-27-08, 09:52
I'd say one key is to keep patient. Also, you might want to start eliminating foods one at a time to see if they cause stalling. Dairy is a common staller for people.

Kisal
Thu, Mar-27-08, 12:56
Welcome to the forums! :)

It would be helpful if you listed a few typical menus for us, including the amounts of each food that you ate, along with which Atkins book you use. We might be able to identify something that is known as a common problem. :)

bornabrat
Thu, Mar-27-08, 14:02
:wave: I have been reading what alot of you have to say on many topics - very interesting and helpful.

I started Atkins in late January and things were par for the course for the most part; however, I have been in a stall for about a month now - up a pound, down a pound, but nothing more. Here's the situation - I am a 51 year old female; I have been keeping carb grams at 20 or below each day; I have been drinking the right amount of water. I have been exercising at least 15 minutes per day. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get out of this stall?

Have a good one day/one pound at a time - we're all in this together!

Welcome,

Are you losing inches?