PDA

View Full Version : Pigs in a blanket

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

upncomer
Mon, Mar-11-02, 21:10
Hey all,
Got a big question for all of you food gurus out there -

I have had a huge taste for glumpke (don't know how to spell it in Polish, sorry!!! :rolleyes: ) - or otherwise known as Pigs in a blanket. The cabbage, burger and tomato sauce I believe is ok to use, but what would be good for the filler?????

Obviously, rice is out. I was thinking of a veggie filler, but what would be good without getting mushy - broccoli??

If this turns out good, I would probably use the same burger-mix for stuffed grapeleaves also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Karen
Tue, Mar-12-02, 00:36
The last time I made cabbage rolls I used 1/2 raw sausage meat and 1/2 ground meat with an egg or two and they were yummers. I don't think you need any binder as the sausage kept the filling juicy.

Karen

upncomer
Tue, Mar-12-02, 06:10
Thanks, Karen!

That sounds like a good idea!

qcchevyman
Fri, Mar-15-02, 18:20
Hi Karen. Will you send me the Cabbage Rolls Recipe. Also do you know what the Carb Count might be?
Richard