PDA

View Full Version : new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

petra65
Sun, Mar-23-08, 17:17
Hi. I'm new here but not new to low carbing. I did Protein Power a few years ago and lost 65 lbs but then had a lot of major life changes and gained most of that back. Now, I'm a little older and starting to have a few health problems related to my weight-blood pressure and cholesterol creeping up and I need to get back on the wagon. I've been eating low carb again for a month today. It's going slower but it's going.

This place is huge and will take me awhile to explore. I do use other weight loss forums. The one thing I seem to be missing and hope to find here is some kind of daily accountability group. I have looked at the challenges area and am trying to find one that I think will work for me.

Kisal
Sun, Mar-23-08, 19:56
Welcome! It's nice to have you here! If you don't find a Challenge group that suits you, you can always start one of your own! There are always people looking for new challenges! :wave:

kjs130
Wed, Mar-26-08, 10:47
best of luck on your weight loss journey! this place is amazing, and people are so supportive!

lowjax
Thu, Mar-27-08, 10:01
Welcome to the site. If you don't find a challenge, feel free to start one specific to what you want to do. I'm sure people will join. Also, I have found it very helpful to start a journal. I write down everything I eat as well as what I am going through. I've developed a few online friends that way and they help keep me encouraged.

bornabrat
Thu, Mar-27-08, 14:06
Welcome! :wave: