PDA

View Full Version : Low carbing in the UK

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RoyH
Fri, Mar-21-08, 16:11
Hi everyone,

Its my first time on the forum and am enjoying poking around the various areas. There's certainly a lot here. I'm particularly looking forward to trying the recipes.

My wife and I started induction on 3 March 2008. Very difficult first week and the weight certainly hasn't melted off in the 2nd week - but we are really excited and determined. We will stick with this approach. We will also try to have fun!

With my best wishes for your own continuing success, thank you in advance for your support.

Mai23
Fri, Mar-21-08, 17:09
Good luck with low carbing and welcome to the forum! Everyone's very helpful and supportive - well done with your weight loss so far :)

candy4u
Fri, Mar-21-08, 17:13
Its my first time on the forum to plus first week on this diet never stuck to any diets :lol: fingers crossed hope i do this time. Not to sure im doing it right so far just having tuna cheese eggs bit of salad will try fish tomarrow, just dont wana get bored to soon, Not sure if u are allowed to snak between meals and if so what on i so miss my sweet stuff lolz any advice would be lovely thx.

Best wishes and success to you and your wife, :wave:

Kisal
Fri, Mar-21-08, 21:37
Welcome! Glad to have you with us! :)

RoyH
Sat, Mar-22-08, 04:54
Hi Candy4u,

There are a couple of areas on the forum that you might find useful for snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40) and sweets (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41).

My wife, Hazel, grazes throughout the day at work. She enjoys a choosing from this list of snacks which I prepare in a lunch box. There are some small amount of carbs, so I make sure she doesn't have more than 10 in the box!

smoked salmon rolled around cream cheese
prosciutto ham rolled around cream cheese
mini babybel cheeses or small cubes of feta cheese
celery pieces filled with smoked mackeral pate, salmon pate, cream cheese or natural unsweetened peanut butter
chicken sate (peanut butter) on sticks
chicken thigh or drumstick
10 olives
hardboiled eggs
cold meats: ham, turkey, salami slices

Hope you do well.:thup:
Roy

candy4u
Mon, Mar-24-08, 12:33
Hi Roy and Hazel

Thx 4 ur reply :) i will check the other sites out, it aint easy at first its just knowing what u can and cant have, got meself some double cream and decafe coffee its a treat then having skimmed milk. Glad to know u guys are doing well. x

lausie
Mon, Mar-24-08, 12:50
Hi Roy & Hazel,

Im also in the UK - certainy far fewer of us on this forum but there are some!!

Hope you're both doing well with your plans...its great that you've got each other there for the support!

Laura :o)

kjs130
Wed, Mar-26-08, 10:41
best of luck to both of you on your journey!

candy4u
Wed, Mar-26-08, 11:44
Hi again
Hope you all doing better then I first week and had some choclate yesterday couldnt help it :( well it is easter did not over do it just a bit then a bit again then one final bit again of the easter egg, but today was the weigh in Lost 7 1/2 pounds
Im so pleased but so far to go. I aint got the hang of counting carbs but keep a limit to veg and salad. Sad to say so much sweet stuff is limited I always want some with my cuppa.
Anyways better go little boys upset needs mum.

RoyH
Wed, Mar-26-08, 16:14
Hi Laura,

Yes, it is a help being a couple. I tend to prepare the meals / do the shopping to ensure we keep on track, and Hazel does what she does best...nag.

Only joking! (I think). Sometimes, I think, what the hell, let's just have a drink (its normally related to alcohol!) and Hazel reminds me what its all about. We're both doing ok, 3 weeks in.

Hope it continues. Thanks for your support. Best of luck with you.
Roy

RoyH
Wed, Mar-26-08, 16:22
Hi again Candy4U,

Well done on your weight loss! Fantastic!

We've managed to ignore the four Easter Eggs wating to be eaten by our son. Typical really, he'd normally wolf them down in one day!

Have you made any cups of hot chocolate? Made with a spoonful of cocoa powder, cream/water and splenda? Not sure if it helps with the sweet cravings but it tastes good!

Keep it up! Roy

RoyH
Wed, Mar-26-08, 16:29
Hi Mai23, Kisal and Kjs130,

Thanks so much for your best wishes. 3 weeks on and still enthusiatic. As Hazel said today when I came home from work: "I feeeeel gooood!"

Roy

candy4u
Thu, Mar-27-08, 11:05
Hi all
Thanks 4 support, being good today so far, will try the coco drink 2night never thought of that thx 4 the tip Roy. :)

bornabrat
Thu, Mar-27-08, 14:05
Welcome! :wave: