PDA

View Full Version : not really new...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lannae
Fri, Mar-21-08, 13:59
Hi everyone...

I use to come here a while back,and I did well..the only thing was back then,I was looking for a quick fix,I was going on vacation,and I wanted to look good,and didnt care about how,just as long as I did it..and I did well,I lost about 40pds,however,I could not maintain it..I mean really,I was doing intro,which is fine,but less that that,you body just can not maintain that,you will eventually lose...sure I felt great,for a short time..then,the weight came back,plus the horse..an extra 10pds...so its true,you do gain more if you dont pay attention!!lol!!..(thought and hoped it was just a myth!!)

So here Iam again..a bit older,turning 36 next week,and sitting at 234..yikes..the only thing is..this time,Im eating better...no the weight is not comming off like last time,but this time around..I have not cried,thrown a fit,drooled infront of food,stabed any cakes,or asked anyone if they can tell if I lost one pound...and to me,this is huge...Im doing it more slowly,my body now wants to hold onto the fat a bit longer due to my past diet phases...However,Im in this for the long haul..I just feel diffrent this time around..I feel as if something finally "CLICKED" with me..Iam walking an hour a day,doing some weights three-two times a week,drinking my water,and not afraid of a bit of carbs,or the fat,or veggies...Iam enjoying it..and in that,Im enjoying how Im feeling..The ONLY thing is..my clothes are fitting way better,almost as they were when I lost the 40pds,however the scale shows at least a 12pd diffrence..Kind of fustrating..but Im looking at the over all picture,eventually all the positive that Iam doing it will show up..

SO that is probably the only fustrating thing..is that Im working out,eating really well,and feeling fantastic,and yet my body is scared to let my fat go this time...(just let it go..)..I have even started to run..I joined a group!!!..I just kind of thought,why not..if I hear myself say,I will try when I lose another 10pds,I will never join anything..Im not waiting..I have waited tooo long and all that happend was a wrinkle showed up....

So I guess I justed wanted to say a big hello and say thank you to this fantastic board..I have been reading for a while..but now feel its time to say hello....so umm hi!!??...I hope to meet others and get tips,and if I can help I will,but right now..I feel I need to absorb all that is here,and really listen,and here the advice..so I may just be a silent person for a while,but Im here..and I think you are all pretty dang fantastic....

thanks..
oh..I am married,with two boys,11 and 10,living in Canada!!

:D

shirleyt1
Fri, Mar-21-08, 16:05
HI!
This is my third time eating this way! Next week will actually be my eighth week. I have taken two days off, and been eating more nuts. I too am losing more slowly, but I am losing. I have also done more research this time and have realized this WOE isnt temporary. I feel better, have more energy, and i know I am healthier.
So, welcome back, and hope to hear from you and see your progress.

GlendaRC
Fri, Mar-21-08, 18:36
Welcome back! It sounds like you've learned one of the hardest lessons - namely "If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll get the results you always got!" Plus recognizing that this is NOT a diet, it's a lifetime way of eating (WOE) with the added benefit of optimized health as well as controlling our weight.

Best wishes to you, and I don't know what part of Canada you live in, but we have a group in Victoria, BC that meets (or tries to) once a month for lunch or dinner - if you're ever in our part of the country, please let us know and we'll try to arrange a meeting while you're here! And be sure to visit the Canada part of the board to find others in your area, Canada board (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)

Glenda

Lannae
Fri, Mar-21-08, 19:15
I think I have learned...and thank you sooo very much,it feel's good to do this again,and to feel soo positive..I have never felt this amazing,I think in some ways..I took the presure off of myself..I just said,work out eat right,and do positive thing's for myself..and well..like I said..Im happy..

I don't know how long it will take,but as long as I feel as if I can do it..I will..

thank you!!!!!!

Kisal
Fri, Mar-21-08, 21:40
Welcome back! :wave:

Lannae
Sat, Mar-22-08, 09:56
oh and p.s to Glenda...I live in Alberta...dang..I use to live in the Okanagan,B.C,and one day I can not wait to move home!! miss B.C sooo much,but thank you!!that would have been great..

JJ_Sungirl
Sat, Mar-22-08, 13:46
Welcome fellow Canuck! Hope you have wonderful success in your new way of eating. I look forward to following your progress! :)