PDA

View Full Version : Here I go again...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ladyleo29
Fri, Mar-21-08, 11:56
Ready to start Induction yet again. I don't know what my problem is. I do so well for awhile and then I start to backslide. Just doing 1 thing snowballs until I'm completely off the wagon.

I do love the Atkins program. I had great success with it when I first started last May.

Here's to hoping that this is it. I just have so far to go.

Please send me good vibes and wish me luck.

raytraci
Fri, Mar-21-08, 11:59
Hello
No luck positive thinking you can do it.

Lannae
Fri, Mar-21-08, 13:33
I too am in the same boat...have done it before,and did great,but then "I" allowed myself to slip back..and continue the deadly cycle of over eating...However,I can not give up,neither can you,life keeps going,so we just need to pull up our whatever's and keep moving...day by day making better choices!right?!...I just wanted to say...Im with you..good luck and take care!!

Kisal
Fri, Mar-21-08, 21:36
Welcome back! :)

Teliasov
Wed, Mar-26-08, 19:26
All I can say is my new mantra has become - my eating for the rest of my life - will it be celery and carrot steaks or cream, steak & butter.

In a perfect world I could eat my way from one side of the easter candy to the other in a store, make a detour through the freshly baked bread department and walk out a perfect size 8 - but as my kids keep reminding me, I am not perfect, neither is this world and neither are you. So you detoured for a while, it was not the short cut you anticipated nad you are back onto the road to changing your life. There will be detours and uphill battles, and stops and starts and stalls and no I am not a mechanic, just a person who has not been able to stick to many eating plans, quite like I have with this one. It sucks at times but the seams on my jeans bulging does not feel great either.
Welcome back and plese feel free to throw my analogy back at me when I am in my whining, moaning, feel sorry for myself modes.
Be kind to yourself, we all have to learn how.
Take care,
Tammy

lowjax
Thu, Mar-27-08, 09:57
Welcome back. Glad you jumped back on the LC way of life. There are a ton of great people here and is a lot great information. Just jump in and dig around.

ladyleo29
Fri, Mar-28-08, 13:39
Thanks everyone! I'm currently on day 5. I'm down 5.6 lbs as of this morning..woo hoo! I'm keeping a daily log of what I eat, etc on my journal.

roxy100930
Fri, Mar-28-08, 16:41
I'm starting over again also 3 yrs ago I did atkins and lost 70lbs in 8 months I had never felt so good but I got pregos and gained most of it all back and now im at 287:( and starting to get high blood pressure and stuff Im gonna stay strong and do this much luck to you

sdmccourt
Fri, Mar-28-08, 16:58
You can do it, just keep thinking of what the new thin you is saying!! She's inside you telling you what you need to do, just listen to her; she's your positive thinking!

I too am back on the LC wagon. I lost 150 lbs back in '01 and kept it off for several years then some how forgot what I was doing and have gained most of it back. I yo-yoed with diets including the Atkins for the past three years, each time gaining more weight but I've finally made it through induction as of today and I'm back on this wonderful, challenging wagon to STAY!!! If all of us can do it, so can you. Just reach out when you need help.

chele59
Fri, Mar-28-08, 19:39
Hi there!! Just remember at least you are back on track! And - one pound at a time. You can do it. I have danced to the same tune as yourself - but sometime in February '08 I said to myself - this is it!! And I mean business! Started induction on 2/26/08 and to date have lost 17 lbs. I still have 40 more lbs to loose to get to my ideal weight. I don't know if I will get there - especially that I am older now (it used to be very easy when I was young) 48 - now - but you know what? I'm going to give this time MY ALL and prove to myself THAT I CAN DO IT - SO CAN YOU!!! Hang in there - MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR YOURSELF!!

cookiemstr
Sat, Mar-29-08, 12:35
Being older sure makes things so much HARDER!!! I am working up the motivation and willpower to make this my LAST day in jeans too tight to live!

Mayflowers
Sat, Mar-29-08, 12:42
I'm watiching the show "I Can Make You Thin" on cable's Learning Channel. We can all use the tips he's giving to keep from sliding back and emotional eating.

Do any of you excersise regularly, and I mean break a sweat, not a slow walk for 20 mins a few times a week. ?????

geetargrrr
Sun, Mar-30-08, 12:44
I workout 40 minutes 5 days a week at my local gym. Since i quit drinking coffee, I found that working out intensely early in the morning is what helps me stay awake for the rest of the day.

ladyleo29
Mon, Mar-31-08, 09:50
I keep telling myself that it's time for the "real" me to shine again.

Today is my official 1 week on Induction. I'm down 7.2 lbs!!

Time for me to start up my exercise program again. I've not be able to workout at all due to a pinched nerve in my neck and back. It's been so painful, but I'm feeling much better. I'm actually looking forward to my eliptical, WATP dvd's and Turbo Jam. I've missed my routine. That's saying a lot coming from a former couch potato.

Thanks for stopping by everyone! Visit my journal too. I love getting feedback and seeing your thoughts and stories.

Mayflowers
Tue, Apr-01-08, 07:57
If it's so hard to start on induction, why don't you just follow low carb eating instead of torturing yourself on 20 grams or less. Do George Stella's plan.. Don't say it doesn't work, he lost oh, 262 pounds just by eliminating white everything. He doesn't eat grains. No sugar, but he doesn't count carbs. His wife lost 75 his kids lost over 100.

Mayflowers
Tue, Apr-01-08, 08:01
I workout 40 minutes 5 days a week at my local gym. Since i quit drinking coffee, I found that working out intensely early in the morning is what helps me stay awake for the rest of the day.

How long have you been doing that? Have you just started doing the 40 min workout or is 40 mins, 5 days a week, what you've been doing for years, non stop?