PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and salutations..

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SSGogetta
Mon, Mar-11-02, 08:30
Howdy everyone,

How are ya'll doin? I'm going to treat this introduction somewhat like a 12 Step meeting. "Hello, my name is Shawn, and I'm... well,.. I'm ah addicted to doughnuts." :daze: Which is true, and also why I am here and on The Atkins WOE.

So anywho, I think I have all the silly stuff out of my system, now I'll post some more topical things. Well, about me personally, I run a lot, even when I'm sick (like yesterday), I lift weights, teach and train in American Kenpo Karate (which is my favorite topic of conversation), I'm a graphic designer but no where near as artistic as my wife (HelloKitty on this forum), and I'm planning on going back to college soon only I don't know in what?

As far as Low Carb related musings, I've been on this WOE for two weeks now. I'm doing so for many reasons, the most important is to be supportive for my wife's wants and needs. I'm gonna be upfront here, right now my weight is at the lowest it's been in years, due to a rather unsafe working environment situation. And I know how annoying it can be for those really trying to accomplish something like this and see people saying "Well I'm 102 pounds wet and I would like to get down to 95 because that's the year I graduated High School." I'm not trying to be rude, so please don't send me angry letters about who healthy it is to be 95 pounds (that and because that isn't really that healthy). I'm just saying it can be hard sometimes for those who are trying to do something truly monumental, and then read posts from folks like me who, in the grand scheme of things, aren't. So believe me, I am going to do my absolute best and be here for support, maybe insight (but I doubt it, I'm too dopey :D ), and to try to brighten everyone's day a little. :thup:

The other reasons for my being on this WOE are very lengthy and longwinded. So before I rewrite War and Peace, I will stop, take a deep breath, and work on getting to.. well, work. Anyways, thought I'd introduce myself and say hi. Feel free to introduce yourselves, anyone who is interested.

See ya later,

Shawn

Victoria
Mon, Mar-11-02, 08:41
Hello Shawn,
I just think it's truly sweet of you to join this WOL and the forum because of your wife. It's good to see men out there being supportive of their wives. And I do admit that I did wonder why...when I saw your stats. But there are folks on here that have already reached their goal weight, so you are not alone in that. Just wanted to say howdy, and good to see you here. :wave: Victoria

wbahn
Mon, Mar-11-02, 11:06
Greetings.

You (and a few others) have the BEST motives for doing this WOE. Most of us are dong it purely for ourselves - which fine, good and healthy. But you are doing it for your wife - that says a lot about the kind of husband you are.

Hopefully you will still see the other health and life benefits that most of us are seeing such as improved blood work and energy and such.

Take care.

HelloKitty
Mon, Mar-11-02, 15:28
I fixed your avitar. Let me know what you think. :D
(j/k about you not knowing me. :p )

:rheart:
Melissa (If I didn't post this, I'd forget to tell you. LOL)