PDA

View Full Version : Back again, this time for good!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lausie
Sun, Mar-16-08, 12:33
Hey everyone,

some of the older members may remember me from a year or so back.

I managed to get very close to my target weight but a few life issues made me fall of track. Anyway, I'm over that now and starting again! This time I'm here for good!

So, I'm 5'4" (163cm) and currently weigh 175lbs. My target weight is 135lbs.

I usually find it quite easy to shed the weight, losing about 10-13lbs a month, but because I lose quite fast, I usually find it difficult keeping the balance where I stop losing but stop gaining (i.e. maintaining).

Anyways, I'm officially starting from tomorrow but having said that I've been weening myself off the carbs since Friday evening and have droped 2lbs already!

Lausie :yum:

Kisal
Sun, Mar-16-08, 12:51
Welcome back! :wave:

Elizellen
Sun, Mar-16-08, 14:43
Welcome back on the Atkins trail!

In previous efforts did you stay on induction all the way or move up the OWL ladder?

lausie
Sun, Mar-16-08, 15:03
Welcome back on the Atkins trail!

In previous efforts did you stay on induction all the way or move up the OWL ladder?

Hiya!

No, both times I moved up onto the OWL ladder....the first time was most successful but it was difficult. After about a year I was up to about 120g of carbs which I thought was quite high but any less and I lost more weight (and at this stage I was VERY small) but 5g more and I'd put on! I found my body was quite accepting of a lot of carb-y foods (in moderation), I was ok with potatoes, brown rice and small amounts of pasta. I CAN NOT handle white rice and fizzy drinks!

The last time I only last for a month or two (I was buying a house, chaning job, moving counrty and it all got too much to think about).

Anyway, onto a new start now, I've got my veggie packed lunch all ready for work and planned my weekly meals earlier today. I'm expection to lose about 10lbs this month which I'll be happy with, its my 25th birthday in May so would love to be a dress size smaller by then!

Laura :o)

BluePants
Sun, Mar-16-08, 17:07
Glad you remembered us and returned Welcome home