PDA

View Full Version : New here. Just a little introduction!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

abc2k8
Sat, Mar-15-08, 07:03
Hi,

I signed upto the site yesterday evening after coming across it on google. I did a search for "low carb success stories" and I found this site!

Don't know why I didn't think of searching for a low carb forum earlier :p

Well this is just a quick post as I need to get myself in the shower and get ready.

I'm 22 and from the UK... I started a low carb diet in july/august 2007 (didn't really start getting the hang of it till a few weeks in lol). By November time I had lost nearly 3 stone... which I was VERY happy about :D

But since moving away from home (4 months ago ish) I've gradually put some weight back on. Not really sure how much as I haven't weighed myself since November.

I go away for a couple of weeks in a few days, so as of when I arrive back the low carb is back in action! (1st April). I need to invest in some new scales and weigh myself... I am really not looking forward to seeing how much weight I have put back on! :( But scales will be good to keep track of my loss when on the diet.

I'm so unhappy with myself at the moment (I know I was alot bigger than this at some point) but I still feel really fat and thrumpy... confidence gone right to 0 again!

I am looking to lose about 2 stone by about June time, in time for summer.
So I'll start using the forum alot more in the next few weeks! See you then :)

Great forum btw! :thup:

PS: I forgot to add... to the people on the atkins diet, what book have you got? I am looking to buy one on Amazon.co.uk and there are quite a few on there, so not sure which one I should get. Thanks.

benebene
Sat, Mar-15-08, 07:14
welcome to the forum!

hayes
Sat, Mar-15-08, 07:18
Welcome to the fourm.
I have the Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution.
I also have the 72 verson.
In my opinion, it doesn't matter what verson you follow, as long as you follow it and stick to it.
Good luck!

ntxgirl
Sat, Mar-15-08, 09:59
Hello Everyone,

I ran into a co-worker yesterday on the elevator and didn't recognize her. She mentioned that she's been on a low-carb program for the past six months; apparently it's working for her because she looks fantastic!!! So, last evening I searched the web for various low-carb information and come upon this site.
I'm just amazed at the great information and support I've see here.

I'm looking forward to starting this venture and will definitely use this site as support.

Again, hello!!

abc2k8
Sat, Mar-15-08, 14:54
Thank you everyone :D
I'll be buying a book for reference in the next week or so.

Kisal
Sat, Mar-15-08, 15:14
Hi! It's nice that you're here! :wave:

BluePants
Sun, Mar-16-08, 17:17
Welcome, glad you found us.
I really think you also need to pick one as having a road map gets you to home faster than if you don't know the way