PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joce
Sun, Mar-10-02, 19:44
Hi everyone,
having just discovered this forum I thought I'd register and introduce myself.

I live in New Zealand on a farm and have recently become a LC convert. I'm 32 and have spent most of my life battling the "Fatty" name-tag. I started the LC WOL on Feb 13, 2002 weighing in at 95.8kgs, 210lbs, and a size 18. The worst part about this is I've been here several times before and yoyo'd from as much as a size 24 down to a size 12 and everywhere in between.

My mother went LC in August last year and has lost a lot of weight, and is now in maintenance. I started but just couldn't do it - needed to get my head around the idea that I'm a true carbo addict and desperately allergic to most. My weight resistance is really high and I can't eat more than 20grams of carb a day and actually lose weight. Such is life.

I've got my head around it now :daze: and feel much better for it. I'm down to 89kgs now (that's about 195lbs) and am running again every day (up to 4kms).

I'm looking forward to reading your stories, talking about LC, and learning a lot as I go along. HOpefully I can make some friends out there - have done so through the best NZ low carb site already. Great to know there are so many of us out there now determined to beat the battle of the bulge forever!
:wave:
Joce

gwilson38
Sun, Mar-10-02, 20:14
welcome here! I just want to wish U luck with your low carb quest. Im sure U will find this forum full of info and support.

wbahn
Mon, Mar-11-02, 00:09
Welcome aboard! :wave:

You've definitely come to the right place for information and support - plus you have your mom for support as well.

You've done good admitting your state and now it's on with the healing!

Be sure to start up a journal here - it's a great resource.

Happy LC'ing.

alto
Mon, Mar-11-02, 22:45
Hi, Joce. I'm very glad you've found us. We've all had slips and slides and ups and downs -- there's always a first time, and always a last time :) If you've "gotten your mind 'round it" I think that's the main thing. You can do this!

You might find starting a journal helpful in keeping yourself accountable. Having to write it down and count it out really helps. And besides, that way we can keep up with you :)

LittleAnne
Tue, Mar-12-02, 03:30
Welcome to the forum.
So your Mum is already a convert to low carbing. That will be helpful.
I know what you mean about keeping the carbs low. I struggle with this as well as in my youth went on many diets and did the general yo-yo stuff.
All the best for the future with the low carbing way of life.

razzle
Tue, Mar-12-02, 10:43
welcome! congratulations on the success so far. Have you looked into weighlifting, too? It's a great way to maximize fat loss while eating LC. Trainerdan has a lot of good info posted on the exercise forum :)

Joce
Tue, Mar-12-02, 14:05
Thanks for all your words of support. I've started a journal and will try to keep in touch every few days.
Joce :rolleyes: