PDA

View Full Version : Another Newcomer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lmccarty96
Sun, Mar-10-02, 16:15
I'm new to this LC stuff. I just started today (3-10-02). I have 114 pounds to lose. I'm glad I found this forum because it's the only support I'll have. Best of luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet some success stories for inspiration

Rosebud
Sun, Mar-10-02, 17:47
Hi Lmccarty! :wave:
Welcome to the forum and to this WOE. (Way of eating)
You're bound to get plenty of support here - this is a great place. Not only lots of friendly support, but also lots of LC info.
Have you had a good look around the site yet?
If you go to the orange bar at the top of the screen and press "Low Carb Tips," you'll find some great advice.
It's also a good idea to start your own journal. Go to the "My Journal/Bootcamp" section and have a read of some of the other folks before you start.
Good luck, L.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

wbahn
Mon, Mar-11-02, 00:15
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

Scout the site out pretty thoroughly. Start a Journal. Check out the Success Stories link up at the top of the bar - especially LC Sponge and TinaKaye. Talk about inspiring. Whew!

More done to Earth for someone just starting - head's up, Day 2 sucks. You are likely to have a few rough days at first. It's normal, it's good (the body is withdrawing from a carb and/or caffiene addiction) and it's temporary. You will feel so much better shortly.

Drink LOTS and LOTS of water - that is the only way to shorten the length of the Induction Blahs. Be sure to eat enough - you will lose your appetite pretty severely for a while. You do NOT want to try to make this low-cal as well as low-carb. Tempting, yes, I know. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt that says "Ninny" on it.

Above all - commit yourself to one solid month at a minimum and Keep the Faith.

lmccarty96
Mon, Mar-11-02, 21:51
Thanks for the welcome! I've been spending a lot of time on here today so I've learned a lot. I'm feeling pretty good though. Having a little caffiene withdrawl but other than that I'm doing good. Thanks for the tip about the getting plenty of calories. I didn't really eat a lot today so I'll change that tomorrow. I've been getting a lot of water today. I think I drank over a gallon. So thanks for the tips and keep in touch :wave:

alto
Mon, Mar-11-02, 22:49
Hi, lmmcarty. Welcome! You might want to check out the Triple Digits Club, too. There are a lot of us "long haulers" around!

All best to you -- good luck on your journey, and be sure to let us know how you're doing. We'll be here :)

lmccarty96
Tue, Mar-12-02, 09:31
Thanks Alto. I'll be sure and check that out!!!