PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm New. Thanks for Having Me!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Faithhope
Sat, Mar-08-08, 19:30
Hello Everyone! I just found this site today. I've been on and off low carb diets for years. I started Atkins way back when the first book came out. I don't remember if that was the 70s or 80s. I'll lose a lot of weight, exercise, etc., then something will happen and I'll start eating junk again. I guess I'm a true carb addict. Anyway, last year I lost 46 lbs on the South Beach diet. I bought a ton of new clothes and was feeling great. Then my dad had a stroke and I had to stay three weeks in Houston with cake and ice cream eathing friends while I travelled back and forth to the VA hospital. Needless to say, I started doing McDonalds, Sonic, etc. I brought Dad home to live with me in a small Texas town. I started cooking huge country meals "to get him healthy." Last week I weighed in at the heaviest I've ever been in my life. Dad's better now and went to visit friends in Houston. I started South Beach. I've lost 10 lbs and am feeling great. But when he comes home next month, I'll have to have lots of support to stay with it. I hope this site will help. Well, that's all for now. Glad to be here.

Kisal
Sat, Mar-08-08, 21:14
Welcome! It's nice to meet you! :)

hayes
Sun, Mar-09-08, 04:13
Welcome to the forum.
Great job so far.
Keep up the good work!

BellaMagia
Sun, Mar-09-08, 05:02
Welcome! :wave:
It's never too late to start again. Your healthy life is at a new beginning. You can cook your Dad the same healthy foods that you can eat. He never has to know how healthy it is, he can just think it taste great!
I come from "country cooking" roots, so I know how hard it can be on you. You don't have to give up everything, just learn how to make it healthier.
This forum has helped me stick with this lifestyle change and I've made some awsome friends along the way.
Good luck on your lifestyle change, it is so worth all of the trouble that it seems to be in the beginning.
~Bella~

lowjax
Tue, Mar-11-08, 07:33
Welcome back to the LC way of life. Glad to see ya on the forums.