PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lovetotest
Sat, Mar-09-02, 22:17
Hi everyone,

My name is Linda. I am new on this board. I plan on starting the Atkins program this Monday. I have tried in the past, but I haven't been sticking with things :( I really want to be successful with this program, but there is a part of me that doesn't want to give up fruit :confused: I know it is only a few weeks, so I need to live with it and just get it done. I have a lot of weight to lose, and I am very tired of all the empty promises I have been making to myself. Since the first of the year, I have had some success. My beginning weight was 380 and I now am 353. My highest weight has been 411! I don't want to live like this anymore. Atkins makes sense to me, but I do think I need to watch the calories too. What do you all think?

:roll:
Hugs,
Linda
411/353/150

ldypgmr
Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:11
Welcome to the board. This is a really supportive place to be.

Make loosing weight your number 1 priority and don't let anything get in your way, including yourself.

You can do this, and we are here to support you.

Dee

gwilson38
Sun, Mar-10-02, 20:24
Welcome here! This forum is a great source of info and support. I wanted to comment on U saying U think U may need to watch calories too. Actually it is the opposite!! Dont be concerned at all with the amount of calories U eat at this point EXCEPT to make sure U actually eat enough. One way to stop a weight loss is by cutting down on calories--putting your body in starvation mode there by making it hold fast to the fat. Be sure to drink LOTS of water too.

wbahn
Mon, Mar-11-02, 00:01
A BIG second to what gwilson said. Don't try making this low-cal low-carb. Don't work. Sure, it'll work for a while - a few weeks at most. But not long term. You will have a hard time eating enough calories - you simply won't be hungry. I had to force myself to get UP to 1000 calories a day during Induction. But that, too, takes care of itself in time.

Expect a few rough days ahead - the withdrawals can be pretty bad. But it gets SO much better - and quickly, too.

Drink LOTS and LOTS of water - it's the only thing that seems to shorten the Induction Blahs - and be absolutely strict about the Rules of Induction - and be sure you are using the 2001 version of Atkins.

Finally, start a journal here - it is a fabulous resource.

See you around.