PDA

View Full Version : Rookie lost 5 lbs. first week

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MLE
Fri, Feb-29-08, 22:21
Hello, I decided to take the low carb route and it worked. Gained weight because of depression in the past couple of years. I recently hit an all time high weight of 190 (didn't even weigh this much when I delivered twins) and began the low carb last Friday. I weighed this morning and was happy to see 185 lbs. . . . . . . . makes me happy :wiggle:

Rachel1
Fri, Feb-29-08, 22:44
Good going!

Now, don't get shocked and horrified if weight loss slows after a couple of weeks, or even stops for a while, or even if you regain a pound or two (which will be water, not fat). Part of the intial loss on LC is water. Often, after a big water/fat loss, the body stops losing for a week or two while it readjusts. Hang in there, be patient, and the weight will start coming off again.

Rachel

Kisal
Sat, Mar-01-08, 01:11
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

lowjax
Sat, Mar-01-08, 09:10
welcome to the forums. I'm in the same boat as you. I started last week, and had a great first week (7 pounds), but I'm guessing it will be nothing or just 1-2 pounds for the next week or two.

Stick around and enjoy the people here. Lots of people who know their stuff.