PDA

View Full Version : starting over again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

slimchance
Fri, Mar-08-02, 13:17
Hello all! Well, I am new to the site, so bear with me. I have hit an all time high in my weight and have decided that this should be my all time high. Why wait for more weight? No one can take control of my situation but myself. I have tried this way of eating before without really knowing much about it and I realized that you really need all the facts or you could cheat and not know you're cheating. After reading DANDR I was really motivated, but without supportive people around I was really doomed from the beginning. I started two weeks ago and in the first week I lost 8lbs. Unfortunately I went away for a couple of days and fell off the wagon (hard to resist grandma's baking). I gained back almost all of it in just a couple of days. I have made a couple of friends that are committed to this way of life and the support really helps. I have joined a couple of exercise programs and I feel that I am mentally prepared to commit to a healthier lifestyle. I browsed some of the posts here and I am encouraged to know that I am not the only one out there learning to overcome society's dieting "ideals" and the countless fad diets we hear of every day. I am really inspired by everyone on this site, and I think that there may be hope for the slim person in me yet.
Good job everyone!!!
KC :thup:

gwilson38
Fri, Mar-08-02, 13:24
Its great U have some supportive friends. You will find this forum tobe a great source of info and support. I wish U luck on your low-carb quest.

oceangirl
Fri, Mar-08-02, 14:15
Hi KC! :wave:

wbahn
Fri, Mar-08-02, 15:30
Welcome aboard! :wave:

You have already learned some valuable lessons.

1) LC works.

2) Stopping LC isn't an option.

So now you are better prepared to push ahead again and succeed long term this time.

The support you will find here will be a fabulous aid in your efforts.

razzle
Fri, Mar-08-02, 15:50
you sound very committed--that should translate (with a little sticktoitiveness) into success!

welcome to the board.