PDA

View Full Version : another forum newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

munchy86
Fri, Feb-15-08, 12:57
Hey every1, :wave:

I've been looking for a decent LC forum for ages and I've been prowling this one for a few days and it looks great!

I'm following Atkins, I first tried it a few years ago and lost about 30lbs but quit when I was pregnant with my daughter. Within 6 months of having her I put on 63lbs, and lost 21lbs last year, but couldn't resist Christmas lol. :yum:

So I'm back again, (I'm on day 9 at the mo) and hoping to lose 50lbs. I haven't got a target date or anything, but would like to be a bit thinner by the summer (baggy tent t-shirts sooo not cool!)

So hi and good luck to everyone!

Munchy xx

LynnDee
Fri, Feb-15-08, 12:59
Hi Munchy! Welcome!

Kisal
Fri, Feb-15-08, 13:04
Welcome! It's nice to have you here! :)

It's good that you haven't set a date to reach your goal. Your body will shed that weight, but it will do so in its own time. Setting a date can prove frustrating if your body decides to lose more slowly than you "think" it should.

Best wishes to you! May you have excellent success! :wave:

munchy86
Sat, Feb-16-08, 05:26
Thanks for the welcome, I'm loving this forum, so much better than others I've been on.

I've started a journal now, so anyone please feel free to read / comment on it! (advice is always welcome to me!)

Thanks again,

Munchy xx

BluePants
Sat, Feb-16-08, 10:12
Welcome Munchy, glad you joined and your right this is a great board with lots of helpful folks

baba8
Mon, Feb-18-08, 11:56
Hi Munchy!
I am saying hello as a newbie too. it seems to be a great place for lc support. I have found so far and interesting group of folks who can be honest with each other about dieting and how difficult this can be. But I do think low carb is the best way for me to exist. good luck to you!

Beth