PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow low-carbers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sally124
Mon, Feb-11-08, 18:03
Hi, In search of recipes and snack ideas. Started Atkins 1 week ago with my college son(he needs to lose 10-15 pounds) He's over half way there already and doing great on the diet. I on the other hand have about 30 pounds to go! I would love tips and recipe ideas to help keep this diet chage from becoming dull. Don't want to fall into a rut and eat the same thing everyday. Love to cook but also like quick, easy, ready made heat and eat stuff. This looks like a great place to get help. Looking forward to using this site daily. Thanks

Blondie888
Mon, Feb-11-08, 18:08
Hello and Welcome, Sally! :wave:

There are a lot of great recipes on this site, so you've come to the right place. It looks like you've lost 7 lbs. so far. That's wonderful!

Kisal
Mon, Feb-11-08, 18:34
Welcome! It's nice to have you here! :)

You can find the Kitchen forum on this site here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2

At the top of each sub-forum (breakfasts, main dishes, etc.), there is a Sticky that lists all the Induction acceptable recipes in that category.

Another site with good recipes is:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

All the Induction acceptable recipes there are marked with an asterisk (*).

HTH! :wave:

sally124
Mon, Feb-11-08, 18:35
Thanks for the reply. It will take me a while to figure out this site, but appears to be a great place to seek out help with low carb dieting. Thanks again, June

sally124
Mon, Feb-11-08, 19:17
Thanks for the reply. It will take me a while to figure out this site, but appears to be a great place to seek out help with low carb dieting. Thanks again, June

sally124
Mon, Feb-11-08, 19:19
Thanks Kisal for the info...I've checked it out and found some interesting recipes...The pancakes and french toast made from pork rinds kind of freaked me out! Sounds really strange, but I may give it a try.