PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

darreld
Sun, Feb-10-08, 19:19
Hi. I'm Darrel from Gaithersburg, MD (near D.C.). I started the Atkins plan a few days ago. I actually had some success w/ Atkins a few years ago but stopped it and, in the course of some years, gained a bunch of weight. I've tried a *bunch* of diets but I know deep down that LC is the healthiest for me. My body really thrives under a LC way of eating. However, due to a very busy life and a lack of imagination, Atkins seemed hard to stay with.

I have been really researching recipes here and trying alot of new things. There are some wonderful ideas on this forum. I feel this (both this forum and the resolve to cook and prepare) will definitely let me go on to success. I want to drop 110 lbs.

-darrel

Kisal
Sun, Feb-10-08, 22:13
Welcome to the forums, Darrel! Nice to have you with us! :)

piper258
Mon, Feb-11-08, 08:51
Welcome! I'm new too. Looks like a great place for support.

LynnDee
Mon, Feb-11-08, 10:56
Hi, Welcome!

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/characters/character0029.gif (http://www.mrblonde.com.au)

molmerlin
Mon, Feb-11-08, 11:10
Darrel

I think you are like many of us that have tried bunches of different diets. This is the one that works for me, and it just isn't for some people.

You say you did this years ago, successfully, so you know the ground rules. Since you have just restarted, my advice (and again, this is just me) For the first couple of weeks, do straight, unfancy lc. Just eat grilled or fried meat, eggs, salads, veggies. some cheese. Hold off on the recipes until you start getting bored, then they will seem like a real treat. Remember to EAT WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY. List your foods in your journal. This really helped me in the beginning, because sometime toward the end of the day, I would be so hungry and couldn't figure out why, when I listed my food, I found I wasn't eating enough.

good luck, and keep coming back