PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cara-mia
Sat, Feb-09-08, 12:28
Hello :)

I gained weight initially as a result from being on a medication which I am no longer on... Lost it all in 3 months doing Jenny Craig and was happy again at a size 6. All was fine for a couple of years when I started to gain weight again, I went back on jenny and nothing, next I just stuck to a low fat 1200 calorie diet using lean cuisines etc.. nothing, so then I joined ww online and nothing. I recently found an old 1999 version of the atkins in my bookshelf and began to read it again deciding "what the heck.. something has to work" and here I am. (blood tests indicate my thyroid may be hinky and we're working on that as well)

I've been on the diet for about 8 days and although it's not reflected in the scale I feel like parts of my body have gotten a tad smaller. (scale showed 5 pound weightloss after 3 days and now show a total of one pound loss) UGH
I just purchased the 2002 revised addition of atkins which I need to read and have an issue of the south beach diet on it's way.

This looks like a great board for support and I am happy I found it!

Blondie888
Sat, Feb-09-08, 12:31
Hello Cara-mia, and Welcome! :wave:

Needlehole
Sat, Feb-09-08, 12:32
Don't be discouraged by weight fluctuations, it happens to the best of us!
Welcome to the forum & good luck on your journey! :wave:

ddjoyceann
Sat, Feb-09-08, 12:36
Welcome to you, great people here, you'll soon feel right at home. Dee

Kisal
Sat, Feb-09-08, 16:29
Welcome! It's nice to have you here with us! :)

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when your thyroid problem is corrected. I began to lose again immediately, after my doctors finally got mine figured out! :wave:

LynnDee
Sat, Feb-09-08, 17:06
Hi welcome! I think you will really like it here.