PDA

View Full Version : Brie breakfast

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kellcinn
Thu, Mar-07-02, 11:31
Hi all,
I find this a delicious dish that is quick to make and doesn't have to be for Breakfast. Makes 2 servings.

Brie Bake
4.4 oz Brie Cheese
4 oz. Whipping cream
2 eggs
less than a pinch of Oregano, parsley, pepper, (or any herbs you like)

** Preheat oven to 375F
Chop up brie and put in blender or food processor, blend to smash rind, add remaining ingredients, blend until smooth, pour into grease 8" dish and bake (375) 20-25 min.

Total carbs: 6 grams....as is! :yum:

IwillLose
Sun, Oct-05-03, 02:44
yummy i'll have to try a smaller version of it for the fat fast. do you happen to know how many calories it has?

IwillLose
Sat, Oct-11-03, 20:28
I tried this and LOVED it. Its really good. I think people who dont even like brie would like this.

mlsbkp
Mon, Oct-13-03, 07:18
This sounds great!! Can't wait to try it!

Tedmom
Fri, Oct-17-03, 09:14
This was great! The only thing I would change would be to put it in a smaller container. I made it in an 8X8 pyrex dish and it was very thin except in the very middle where it puffed up nicely. Still tasted fantastic! I'm sure this will become a regular breakfast item in our house. Thanks!!

ysabella
Thu, Oct-23-03, 11:08
This is good. Many thanks!

MyJourney
Thu, Dec-18-03, 07:34
I wanted to make this today and I know this sounds like a silly question but is the rind safe to eat?

Whenever I used brie before all the recipes called for me to just scrape the cheese then discard it.

I really want to make this too! I just got some brie.

please let me know.

Thanks,

MJ

MyJourney
Thu, Dec-18-03, 09:39
Okay,

So I decided to make it anyway.
I sliced off parts of the rind that looked questionable to me and ate the rest.

It was outstanding and my new special treat weekend breakfast.

I used thyme, savory, rosemary and a dash of white pepper.

I cooked it in a smaller deeper dish for about 40 minutes. It puffed up nicely and was so rich!

mthrmayi2
Mon, Jan-12-04, 08:41
Our oven is way out of wack so I can't really follow cook times. I was wondering how firm this was supposed to be? I'm not really sure I cooked it enough.

TBird710
Mon, Feb-09-04, 16:38
I love this recipe! It's really great with tomato slices placed on top and baked. The tomato kind of sinks into it....YUMMMM

orchidday
Mon, Feb-09-04, 17:52
I copied this recipe and look forward to trying it! Thanks for posting it. I have the same question as MyJourney - what about the rind? I have never been sure about that.... Does anyone know? Orchid

Demi
Sun, Feb-22-04, 04:45
is the rind safe to eat?
I've always eaten the rind, and never had a problem.

Divina99
Mon, Feb-23-04, 09:15
Absolutely Delicious! Thanks for the recipe. :D

I added 2 tsps of parmesan cheese. (I can never leave a recipe alone).LoL
In addition to the other spices I added a sprinkling of garlic powder. I started by removing the rind off the brie and measuring what was left of it..then decided to add the whole thing rind and all.

It turned out like a souffle...with a cripsy golden outer layer. Will be adding this to my breakfast recipe collection. ;)

Divina

MyJourney
Wed, Feb-25-04, 06:09
I am making this again this morning for company. I have a 20 oz baby brie here. I hope it works well increasing the amount like this. I lowered the heat to 350 and I figure bake for an hour.

On the package it states that the rind is edible... so I guess that answers that lol.

Mossling
Mon, Mar-08-04, 23:13
I tried this and LOVED it. Its really good. I think people who dont even like brie would like this.

You mean there are people who don't like brie??? :exclm: I can't believe it!

The recipe sounds really good. I'll have to try it.

Jude