PDA

View Full Version : **I think I will like it here **

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tom1959
Sun, Feb-03-08, 19:02
I just signed up and this will be my first post, first let me tell you alittle about myself, I am a OTR Truck driver and have been driving OTR for the last twenty Years, I am Married and have a step son.
When I ain't working I love to fish for big old Catfish.
I was on the Adkins diet about three years ago, I was driving for Ryder working the Saturn Acct out of Springhill,Tn and Had a appt down in Columbia,Tn. I was home everyday and This diet worked out good for me, When I woke up I would take a good walk and normaly would walk around 1.5 miles to 2 miles. then start my day. I did this everyday and I lost fifty pounds, Then switched job's and fell off the diet.This time I have been on it since the third week in December and have lost around 25 pounds. I need to get my health back and I must admit I have my day's when I am week, right now I will go for three weeks then reward myself, I try and drink alot of water to keep the plumming working proper. Well thats about all.....Wish me luck, and I'll do the same for you.Tom

Kisal
Sun, Feb-03-08, 19:17
Welcome to the forums! Great to have you here! :)

LynnDee
Sun, Feb-03-08, 21:21
Hi Welcome, glad you are here and good luck.

Tom1959
Thu, Feb-07-08, 21:36
Thanks for the warm welcome. I didn't notice your posts untill now. But I realy like this site.

RDS
Thu, Feb-07-08, 22:11
Welcome to the forum!

Sandollar
Fri, Feb-08-08, 00:55
Oooohh....truck driver...Do you get to go to all those roadside diners like they show in the movies? I've always wanted to be a waitress in one!

BluePants
Fri, Feb-08-08, 15:36
Welcome Tom, I hope you'll share some of your 'on the road' snack ideas.
I always wanted to be a truck driver cause I love to travel.