PDA

View Full Version : help stop the pills

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kimr
Sun, Feb-03-08, 18:38
HI I have just found this site and have been reading alot about the laxative abuse. I have been abusing them for atleast 12 years or more lost count. I have a wonderful life with a great husband and two beautiful boys ages 9 and 7 and for them and for myself I need to quit. I need to live a life where the pills do not run it. I have stopped before gained massive weight. Failed and returned to the pill. This time is different I want to stop for good and have no clue where to start I have a doctor who is aware and says stop taking them and things will get back on track. But I am so scared of the weight gain. I work out 30 min cross trainer 5 days a week and 3 days on bowflex per week. I am weening myself off the pills but have decreased my food intake as to not gain weight . I am confused ,scared,embarassed and completely lost. I have no one to speak to about my abuse and am scared what all will think. It is so nice to speak to people who have the same issue. Where do I start? Is it possible to kick this and live normal and happy? I can take anything that is dished my way and for my family I will kick it. I am awake every night do to pains , I sit up wondering if I will be around for my kids and husband in the near future if I keep on this tract of distruction. My nights are so long and scary with the thoughts that go thru my head. Help any suggestions are truly welcomed.

help

Kisal
Sun, Feb-03-08, 19:28
Welcome! :)

I hope you understand that what I'm about to say is from my heart, and not meant to be demeaning in any way. From your introductory post, it sounds to me as though you may have developed an eating disorder. I think you should be completely honest with your doctor, and tell him about your fear of gaining weight. I believe he or she should refer you to a counselor who specializes in treating people who have eating disorders. I also think you should tell your husband the whole story, so that he can provide you with the support you will need to overcome this.

I wish you the very best! :wave:

DaddioM
Mon, Feb-04-08, 01:18
Hey there!

There are a lot of people here who have issues with food, or binging, or laxatives, or whatever.. but the cool thing is you're stepping up to the plate to change.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Good luck!

Mike

AussieTonz
Mon, Feb-04-08, 02:05
Knowing that it has to change and committing to it is a great step, you know that is the hardest part, I've had my issues with food over the last 20 years, they are different but it is great to find sites like this where you can get some advise, support and just vent when you need to.

It is really so helpful though to have that help in the 'real' world too, it is hard to say hey I have a problem to those you love but when they support you through it, it just becomes so much easier and your commitment just multiplies knowing they believe in you and you don't want to let them or yourself down. Think about talking to your husband or someone else who is right there too who can be there and stand beside you while you succeed at this.

You know you can do it - all the best.