PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ashbrrb
Fri, Feb-01-08, 20:52
I have been lurking sinse Monday 1/28. I thought it was time to introduce myself! My name is Anne Marie. Several years ago I went on the atkins diet with pretty good results. I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks. I was almost at goal weight and unfortunately started hi-carbing again! It took me almost a year to gain all my weight back but gained even more. I weighed Friday 25th. and weighed 154. (alot of weight for 4 ft 11 in frame) I had never weighed that much!! Aside from feeling really bad (health wise) I just wanted to cry every time I looked in the mirror! I resolved to do this woe for life this time!! I started diet Monday 1/28. Yesterday and today was horrible for me! I was so sick of eggs and meat!! I went tonight and bought a new scale because I statrted this thing scaleless and really needed the motivation to keep going!
I LOST 9 LBS!!! The bad cravings went away for some reason after that. LOL.
My only concern is that maybe im losing too much!! Any input would really be appreciated. This forum is wonderful!! Without it I dont think I would be doing near as well. Thanks again you guys for all the encouragement in your posts. Im looking forward to getting to know you all better.

LynnDee
Fri, Feb-01-08, 20:54
Hi Anne Marie, glad you are here. There is lots of support and I think you will really enjoy it.

GypsyBoy42
Fri, Feb-01-08, 22:13
Hey Anne Marie! Nine pounds is freakin' sweet - and you are right - the best motivator is success, and being successful is motivation to stay motivated.
One might wonder? Could I use the word motivated even one more time in this post?
I think not! XD

Kisal
Sat, Feb-02-08, 01:24
Welcome, Anne Marie! :wave:

ashbrrb
Sat, Feb-02-08, 12:26
Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

tebesco
Sat, Feb-02-08, 12:45
Welcome, Ann Marie!

Needlehole
Sat, Feb-02-08, 12:49
My only concern is that maybe im losing too much!! Any input would really be appreciated.

Oh to be struggling with this problem ;)
I don't think its too much! 9Lbs is awesome!!!
Good luck on your LC journey! :)