PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Indiana

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mom2jess
Wed, Mar-06-02, 19:29
Hello all! I just started back on Atkin's yesterday. I did it in 1999 with good results. Then I lost 40 pounds and got looking pretty good. At least my husband thought so, and I got pregnant! :baby: Since Jess was born, I have yo-yo'ed, but decided to stick with Atkins. Hubby started with me yesterday, but he is already cheating, so I need a new support group. LOL It has only been 2 days and I am anxiously awaiting the sudden weight loss that I know is coming soon. Thanks for listening.

duchesse
Wed, Mar-06-02, 19:40
Hello and welcome on board,

I am sure you will find all the support that you are looking for, as well as the answers to your questions.

enjoy,

maggie

alto
Wed, Mar-06-02, 22:12
Hi, Mom2Jess. Welcome. Atkins is a great antidote to yo-yoing, I think. It's a solid program that makes it clear what you can and can't have -- and, as you know, it works. I'm sure you know, too, that the weight loss won't be instant. Everyone loses at different rates, and one's age, previous diet history, etc., makes a difference, too.

But it will work. I hope you'll post often, and let us know how you're doing.

AmberinIN
Thu, Mar-07-02, 08:08
Good Morning Mom2Jess! :wave:

I am in Northwest Indiana! :D I came to this board for help too, because my family really doesn't believe this will work, except my mom, who cheats! She's losing still, though. I just don't want to bump off my weight loss.

I also was about where you are and lost 40 lbs. after my first daughter was born. I was looking pretty good and then I got pregnant again! And then again! Well, they were three years apart, but I was low fat low calorie-ing it and wasn't losing an ounce, in fact, I gained weight! So, I started losing in earnest last October. Low-fat, low-calories, exercise 5 times a week and lost 10 lbs, in five months! I was so discouraged! Anyway, three weeks ago, my mom gave me the Atkins book, and I lost more weight in my first two weeks than I did in 5 months! I know a lot was water, but it's still coming off and everything about my body feels better!

Stay on track and drink tons of water! If you get discouraged by a stall or you cheat, just keep going, and remember to feel the little things that you didn't notice before. My skin is very soft and smooth now, my inches are coming off, and my face looks great!

Good luck, if you want, we've got a support group in the Countdown club called "140 anyone?" A good group of people.

Bye! :roll: Amber

misscindy
Thu, Mar-07-02, 08:35
mom2jess
Thanks for your welcome and support, and you have mine also

razzle
Thu, Mar-07-02, 10:31
welcome! maybe DH will come around as he sees you losing. (or he might lose while cheating--men can be very irritating that way. ;) )

LCer in NW
Thu, Mar-07-02, 15:08
Welcome mom2!

Sorry DH is not coming along, but he's at a different place. Still, i hope he isn't trying to sabotage, which is common though nearly always unintentional.

wbahn
Fri, Mar-08-02, 17:07
Welcome aboard! :wave:

If you need support - you have come to the right place.

Be sure to start and keep a journal here - they are extremely useful.

Stardust
Fri, Mar-08-02, 17:35
Welcome:

I, too, was successful with Atkins in 2000. I lost 76 lbs in nine months. Then surprize, I found myself expecting my first child. For many reasons I gained my weight back and I am now working on losing it.

I hope to follow your progress in your journal. This is a great place ......... Good luck!