PDA

View Full Version : Figured I would join in!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jerseyg1rl
Thu, Jan-31-08, 12:53
Hello low-carbers! I have been on and off atkins for about 5 years and have always googled my questions regarding recipes, carb counts, etc. Often I was directed to this message board so I became somewhat of a voyeur instead of an active participant. Today I became rather discouraged because I stumbled upon a site that pointed out the carb count in garlic powder. I feel like my low carb world is caving in! I have been nearly pouring on the garlic powder when cooking for my boyfriend (who is trying atkins for the first time) and I. He trusts me to be his all knowing low carber and I suddenly feel like I am at it for the first time!!! I figured that joining a message board may be my only hope to correct my many misconceptions about carb counts.
One of his favorite dishes is the fake friend chicken with pork rinds and dry ranch dressing mix. I just learned, thanks to your postings, that the recipe contains 16 carbs because of the dry ranch mix! AHHHH!!!!! So I hear there is a low fat version that contains zero...where can I find it??? I have been to several supermarkets and have had no luck at all.
So glad to have finally joined!
Jerseyg1rl

MercyD
Thu, Jan-31-08, 15:37
Welcome to forum! You are so right, there is tons of information here and loads of encouragement and support. I don't know exactly how to find the recipe you are looking for, but wanted to pop in and say "Hi"
:wave: Mercy

LynnDee
Thu, Jan-31-08, 17:47
Hi, welcome. There is a lot of information and support here, I think you will enjoy it.

Kisal
Thu, Jan-31-08, 23:15
Welcome! Nice to have you with us! :wave: