PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Angelica16
Mon, Jan-28-08, 02:55
Hey guys, I'm a 20 yr old student from BC, Canada and am starting the Atkins diet today for the first time. I joined this forum a while back but for some reason never got around to starting low carb eating. I mostly did the low fat, high carb thing, with which I lost some weight very slowly but gained it all back. Now I'm starting at the heaviest I've ever been at 181 and my goal weight is around 135-140, although I would be ecstatic even at 150. I'm excited to get to know everyone around here and wish all of you goodluck with your weight loss goals! :)

LynnDee
Mon, Jan-28-08, 06:09
Hi! Welcome, glad you are here.

Goat Lady
Mon, Jan-28-08, 06:25
Hey there and welcome! :)

Kisal
Mon, Jan-28-08, 11:58
Welcome, Angelica! It's nice to have you here! :wave:

rgaldamez
Mon, Jan-28-08, 12:03
Welcome Angelica16, this is a great place to start your new LC lifestyle. There is so much great info an this Forum you will always learn something new everyday.

dunroven
Mon, Jan-28-08, 15:35
Angelica!

Welcome to the forum. Listen, if you are new to LCing, this is your Golden opportunity. I don't know if you have read the DANDR (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution), but one of the things that he talks about is that someone who has never done this program before, has a better chance of losing weight than people who have been on it several times. The reason is basically you are throwing your body a curve ball and it doesn't know what to do except to mind you!

Stick with your program kid and you will lose your weight the first time! Wouldn't that be wonderful??? Take advantage on this forum of the many challenges and countdowns. I personally host the 3-Day M&E challenge and you are welcome to join it with whatever program you want. Your only commitment is to do YOUR program for a total of 3 days! Yep, come on down and look us over and if you like what you see, jump right on in. If not, there are LOTS of challenges in there and one is sure to fit your needs!

Again, good luck, best wishes, and I hope you become a loser! LOL

:wave:

Angelica16
Tue, Jan-29-08, 10:59
Thankyou all for the warm welcome!

Dunroven, I hope you are right about me being able to lose alot of weight on this program. In fact, I've already lost 2.5 pounds in about 2 days..without being completely low carb. I will definately come check out the 3 day meat and egg thing as that is mostly what I eat anyways. Thanks for all the info!!

rgaldamez
Tue, Jan-29-08, 11:25
Hey Angelica16, just wanted to stop in and say hi. Hope your doing well.

redness
Tue, Jan-29-08, 11:53
hey! welcome to the forum!
ive got about the same weight and heght as you but my starting was much heigher :thdown:

you should start a journal to record your success :)