PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Aptos Gal
Sat, Jan-26-08, 19:05
Hello Everyone,
I've been lurking in the forums for about a month. I'm finally taking the plunge and leaping in! :)
I love all of the support that I've seen here.
I've been low-carbing for about 9 months now. It's funny, I had a revelation this morning. The reason this is working for me (I've been overweight all my life) is that I'm not on a diet. Low-carbing is now a way of life for me. What a sense of freedom from that change in concept!

Kisal
Sat, Jan-26-08, 19:14
Welcome! It's nice to have you here with us! :wave:

kellyd23
Wed, Jan-30-08, 08:45
Hey aptos gal my hats off to you! 9 months and 30 pounds I will keep you as a forum friend. I started Dec. 28, and have lost 20 pounds and am getting frustrated because I'm stalled. I guess once again I need to keep the faith, because I know the diet works. Just read some of the success stories. God, I'm just so impatient sometimes. Thanks for hitting me with the patient brick. Welcome too......Peace out Kelly

LynnDee
Wed, Jan-30-08, 09:20
Hi welcome, lots of great support here, think you will really enjoy it.

Aptos Gal
Thu, Jan-31-08, 19:54
Hey aptos gal my hats off to you! 9 months and 30 pounds I will keep you as a forum friend. I started Dec. 28, and have lost 20 pounds and am getting frustrated because I'm stalled. I guess once again I need to keep the faith, because I know the diet works. Just read some of the success stories. God, I'm just so impatient sometimes. Thanks for hitting me with the patient brick. Welcome too......Peace out Kelly

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for the kind words! I'm actually feeling like such an idiot right now! I've been wondering for months why I was stalled out. I just figured it was my body catching up, I just kept believing it would happen when it was ready? You will not believe what I found out the other day. Every day I was faithfully eating my carrots as a snack! I never thought to check the content, it's just a veggie right?? Doh! (smacking self upside the head!) A post I read here the other day told me I better go check out exactly how many carbs are in a carrot. Sob! I see now why everyone says to keep a journal of what you eat, or run it through a carb counter. Those hidden carbs will kill you!

kellyd23
Fri, Feb-01-08, 09:51
Hey Aptos,
I hear ya on the hidden carbs.......Makes you wonder just how true all those lables are on all the packages. I've decided to try the m&e challange for 3 days and see what happens. My meal posting has been non-existant this week and that's just plain lazy. I even bought a little notebook to write everything down, that would fit in my purse, and where is it? On my nightstand getting dust on it....SHAME ON ME! Thanks Aptos I'm going to go dust it off right now...lol