PDA

View Full Version : hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mugwah
Thu, Jan-24-08, 17:21
Hello!!.
Some years ago, a newspaper here in Ireland started enclosing diet guides to try and increase market penetration. Around that time I was passing the 50 mark and overweight at 13.5 stone. One of the diet guides they included was Atkins, which struck a chord with me as I am a carnivore true and true. I bought into his method 110%. I stuck religiously to his advice and maintained my carb intake way below 20 grams a day. After five months or so I had discovered the joy and simplicity of cooking. Before that I thought quick food was freezer packet "ready meal to microwave!!!

Years later I have maintained a more informed understanding of what our food contains. I have maintained the weight I was thirty years ago! That is 10 and a half stone (give or take two pounds at Christmas which I can lose in two weeks). To this day I am an avid low-carber. Hope I can contribute some inspiration to those starting out on a more informed decision of what we eat.

Thanks, Trevor J. Noble

Kisal
Thu, Jan-24-08, 20:11
Welcome! :)

MercyD
Fri, Jan-25-08, 09:18
Welcome Trevor...we are always inspired by success stories.
I hope you enjoy forum!
:wave: Mercy